On this Sept 11, an SR check-in?

Old 09-11-2008, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

On this Sept 11, an SR check-in?

I thought on this day we could try to think how fortunate we really are. Yes, my ah is gone, and I'm just about broke, BUT, I still have my dad, brothers, kids and grand kids, and Thank God, they are all well. I have a roof over my head, and I know my family loves me. We'll get together tomorrow for pizza and celebrate my grandaughter's tenth birthday. I have so much to be thankful for. I am getting ready to go through what will be a very nasty divorce, but maybe when that door is closed, I can open a new one. I'll never understand why all this has happened, but life goes on, and I will try to only get stronger.
How about you?
Old 09-11-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know why but today makes me feel like I have not really moved that far from that day.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BBD

It seems like just yesterday to me. My grandson was with me and he was 3... This year he will be 10. Magical~~~~so we all have plenty to be thankful for and I do appreciate my life........Smiles, Bonnie
Old 09-11-2008, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I was incredibly moved today when I saw some of the memorial services on TV. I continually find myself humbled... and I never again want to become complacent and take my life or my loved ones for granted. Our world was changed forever that day. Blessings to those who lost their lives and prayers for those whom they left behind.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was there. Now I am here. I am grateful.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

I never want to forget what happened on this day.

I am filled wih gratitude for all the love, and happiness, and serenity I have in my life.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I was working a 3 week project at the Toronto Sun newspaper (as good a place as any to be that day). The publisher invited me into his office to watch his TV with some others and I remember how surreal it all seemed, the horror of it all, and I remember thinking "the world will never be the same".

Today, like Cats, I have a huge respect for the precious gift of life, and my prayers go out also for those who died and those who loved them.

From this Canadian in gratitude to all my friends to the south...God Bless America.

Hugs
Old 09-11-2008, 08:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

My prayers for all those impacted directly and indirectly by the losses that day. My constant prayer is that we find the path towards world peace... That we show by who we are that peace not brutality, prejudice and ignorance is the answer.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

This day is always very hard for me. I lost some very dear friends and family, not only at the World Trade Center, but at the Pentagon.

I still 7 years later have a hard time, and the ANGER which has never left entirely returns in full force.

This one of several days in the year when I drag out all that I have learned from "The Elders" and get back to my roots to calm my restless, irritable spirit.

Love and hugs,