One Month 'till "d" Day!

Old 08-30-2008, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One Month 'till "d" Day!

Well friends, here we are already 3 years later! Can you believe how fast those years went? Can you believe how these years have finally changed me?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I know I can slip back in a flash, but today as hard as I try to worry about what my son's future holds, I can only feel peace.

Whether or not things work out for him will be his choice. He is going to have to work extremely hard to dig his way out of the ashes this time 'cause he has nothing except a car left! Shoot, the last gf even took his underwear with her! LOL

I find that when I have visited him I no longer say "you better not do this, or you can't do that!" Nope, I refuse to try to dictate to him anymore. Hello? He's 46 in November. I'm finally just going to do what Mr. Dev does and that is offer advice only when asked and not try to push my will on him.

One way or the other all I can say is "I cried, yelled, screamed, pleaded, begged, etc." and found nothing worked. The only thing that does work is turning this all over to my HP and trust He has more patience than I have now.

He looked so great last time we went to visit at the camp (which by the way is beautiful up in the redwoods) I suggested he stay for another year!

On the lighter side, there is a female guard there and she was saying that she needed a tax deduction for next year. We were all standing there waiting to go outside to visit when she said that, so doesn't John pipe up and say, "excuse me Officer so and so, I'm getting out in October and I'd be happy to be your little deduction!" OMG! I didn't know whether to laugh or run! Not only did she laugh, but the other officers said, great idea!

Anyway, I'm praying that he finds his way this time 'cause I don't believe I'll see him again if he goes back again! Getting way to old for his stuff.

Hugs to you all,

Devastated
Old 08-30-2008, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Bon~~Good to see you here. You sound great and I only hope in time that I can feel as you do. So far, I'm good at NOT telling Chris what to do. This is his journey and we have spent way too much emotional time trying to get and keep him clean. Your son sounds like a real character and it would be great if he could get out and have a happy life without drugs being any part of it. Again~~glad you checked in,,, nice to see you here. Smiles, theotherBonnie
Old 08-30-2008, 03:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

****{Devasted}}}

You do sound great!! Thanks for the update!~
I love the Redwoods, those Trees......

Look forward to more updates!!