Just when I'm feeling good

Old 08-30-2008, 01:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BBD

Just when I'm feeling good

Just when I'm starting to feel relaxed about Chris and life he throws in a minute of anxiouness. I spoke with him yesterday on his lunch hour and seeing that he didn't have alot of time told me he'd call me back last night. We were out but NO call......on cell or home phone. Being a long week-end scares me. He works hard but having time on his hands...(3 days here)) is when he has had relapses in the past. I called and left him a message on his cell today and I haven't heard from him. I know I need to relax but its difficult at times.. Just needed to get these words out and hope you all are enjoying your week-end.. Hugs and smiles, Bonnie
Old 08-30-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Sorry, Bonnie, I know this hard, but please don't get ahead of yourself...that awfullizing is a killer....
Because you don't know the story, you can believe whatever you choose, and believing that there is nothing behind his not calling , but something innocent, is so much easier on the nerves....
There will be plenty of time to have a different reaction if it turns out, it is something else.. and prayers, Grateful
Old 08-30-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BBD

Thanks J~~~~I just needed a hug over this and there you were...Out to dinner soon with the friends that can from Delaware and I do want to enjoy myself. The guys are out riding. The girls begged off this afternoon to rest up after last night. Tee-hee.....thanks for being here. Smiles, Bonnie
Old 08-30-2008, 03:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Ahhh ****{BBD}}}

Sometimes we can be inconsiderate to you Moms, we don't realize how you worry. I do that to my mom still. I still don't get how she can worry so much when I don't call her back when it's only been one day. But other times she can go four days without talking to me and not worry... lol.. So usually I am fine when I don't call her back, just busy. Try and have fun and not worry.
He's probably just fine and even if he isn't he still is fine. He'll be okay.
Big Hugs to you. Have a good time tonight you deserve it!
:ghug3
Old 08-30-2008, 07:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bonnie,

I know how easy it can be to fall victim to the anxious feeling, the worry, etc.

Hopefully you found some things to take your mind off your son throughout the day and bring you peace of mind.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i hope he is ok. just pray for him & i will too. it seems as if any holiday is screw up time for an addict. just remember there is nothing you can do. keep him in your heart & not in your head. have a good weekend & don't let him spoil it. hugs,
Old 08-31-2008, 09:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Bonnie

You and I both know that worrying is a wasted energy! At the end of the day It won't make a bit of difference if you cried, worried or even had a hissy fit!

Why? Because in the end nothing will have been changed by these actions. Instead, try real hard to keep your mind off of the negative things and focused on the positive.

You know what they say? When you're worrying, you're not praying, and when you're praying, you're not worrying!

Hugs and prayers coming your way.

Devastated
Old 09-01-2008, 06:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sending you some hugs. I have had a couple of worry times since my daughter has been home. Both times nothing happened. Sometimes no matter how much we tell ourselves not to worry, it still happens. Keeping busy like you are is a good thing. Hugs, Marle
Old 09-01-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sending some more hugs Bonnie. Hope you had a nice night out with your friends.