did my civic duty

Old 08-30-2008, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

did my civic duty

last night while walking down my street with my husband, I look down and said "oh my god, Oh My God"! at my feet is a large ziplock bag filled with little ziplock bags filled with what i will assume to be coke.

i flagged down the next cop I saw and turned it in, meanwhile theres this "poor" dealer looking all over the ground and rubbing his head (I assume to be saying Oh My God".

it felt like we hit the lottery, I was so excited to get that little bit of stuff off the street for the night.

I'm guessing it was a few hundred dollars worth of coke.

hehehehehehehehehe
Old 08-30-2008, 11:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

Good for you. I'm sure you saved a few people from a night of what they thought would be fun....LOL And the poor (tee-hee)) dealer probably had to answer for that screw-up. You did the right thing.. Smiles, Bonnie
Old 08-30-2008, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

oh, my God!!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Ughhh, I always feel like people don' t believe me when I 'find' little plastic bags
of meth just on the street. But isn't it a trip when you do.
You could have saved someone like me a whole lot of grief or a huge relapse
or death.

My one big relapse where I had some good clean time was because I found a bag outside
of a Nordstroms department store.. Ughh, What a nightmare that was.
(a long time ago)

My heart feels like it stops every time I find a little bag on the street I think
I find one every other month on average.

Good for you..... Your Awesome!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

What did the cops say?
Old 08-30-2008, 02:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Rahsue

Great! Now I know where I lost my stuff! LOL

I can see the dirtbag looking everywhere or trying to explain about the hole in his pocket! LOL

Hugs, Dev
Old 08-30-2008, 02:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Serioulsy Done?
Crap, I NEVER lost my stash
Do you live in a rough area? Aaahhh, just looked at your profile, Hollywood, that would explain it.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by TTOSBT View Post
Serioulsy Done?
Crap, I NEVER lost my stash
Do you live in a rough area? Aaahhh, just looked at your profile, Hollywood, that would explain it.

Nope, live in the Hollywood Hills actually. Rent in my area is $2000-$3500
for 2-3 bedrooms and there are still bags, but meth is in all neighborhoods.
Goes to show you, it doesn't distinguish who gets hooked on it.

When I found the bag at Nordstroms I had been clean I don't know maybe 8 months, and I thought I was dreaming, my heart almost stopped. And that mall is an outdoor nice, RICH mall.

I agree, I never lost my stash. I've never found a bag as FULL as I did at Nordstroms but I have found half full ones, especially after the weekends, people party, get drunk, loaded, walking and drop their stashes, happens often, or are doing lines while they are going on the way to the clubs, and drop the bags.....]

[[I was so mad about the bag at Nordstroms, I almost didn't do it, I told my therapist about it, kept it in my keychain for a long time, then in my drawer, then my therapist went on vacation, and I gave in..... :/]] STUPID... is as stupid does...

Crazy...... hu..... I used to always stop and pick them up, (I see them when I am jogging,) and tortue myself, cry, make my heart stop, but now I keep running, and let my heart smile å bit...... lol
Old 08-30-2008, 03:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BBD

I'm glad you keep running Done-with-it~~~cause I never want you to have to change your name...big hugs for a job well done~ Bonnie
Old 08-30-2008, 03:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Yes, I meant Hollywood itself is a little rough but also that I imagine that the more money you have and yes, in and out of clubs, the easier it is to be careless. I could never afford to be careless lol.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Yea, I think about rahsue and how awesome that was of her, I know there are some people who would not pick that up, if she wouldn't have who knows who would have
found it. Thank God... is all I can think......
Old 08-30-2008, 03:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I'm curious, I wonder if this guy was watching the situation unfold with the cops and put two and two together. I think if that were me, I would have considered it a message from above.

If you found "several zip lock bags" with a powder in it, you found more than a couple of hundred dollars worth. Obviously this wasn't for someone's own personal use.

I agree, you could have saved someone's life by doing what you did.

Imagine if someone young or not too "knowledgeable" about coke/heroin found it and they snorted or shot this thinking they had found a pot of gold. No telling what it really was. There are some real sick people out there who put other things in bags like that and throw it out to see who picks it up thinking it would be funny to watch what they did and how they reacted. And if it was drugs,who knows what it was cut with or how pure it was. There are a number of things this could have been and none of them paint a pretty picture.

Thank God you were there, did the right thing and got that literally off the streets.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 08-30-2008, 04:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Talking Someone's lucky day...

Originally Posted by rahsue View Post
last night while walking down my street with my husband, I look down and said "oh my god, Oh My God"! at my feet is a large ziplock bag filled with little ziplock bags filled with what i will assume to be coke.
Wow! I never lost my stuff! That guy must have been pretty out of it to have it just drop out of his pocket. Maybe you saved him from going to jail. Who knows....OR (consider this....hahaha), maybe you gave the cops a freebie!

Old 08-30-2008, 06:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Originally Posted by Done-With-It View Post
What did the cops say?

before I handed it to him i think he thought I found like one little bag, so when i did hand it to him he said "whoa"
took my name and address.....blah blah blah
Old 08-30-2008, 09:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

i would have never gave them my name or address. i would have told them they did not need it. i did not want it back if it was not claimed...lol.. i too thought i wonder if the cops got high on it.some do you know.
done, u are such an inspration.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by hope213 View Post
i would have never gave them my name or address. i would have told them they did not need it. i did not want it back if it was not claimed...lol.. i too thought i wonder if the cops got high on it.some do you know.
done, u are such an inspration.
I think the rampart scandal and good ol Raphael let the cat out of the bag forever hu....
That was my first thought too..... lol

**{Hope}}
Old 08-30-2008, 11:52 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
turning red!

great job miss Rahsue! you deserve a gold medal

i just really really have no pity for drug dealers - ever