Praise + Prayers Needed

Old 08-28-2008, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Praise + Prayers Needed

Well Praise the Lord, my husband admitted himself to inpatient rehab this morning. It is a 21 day program (unless they determine he needs to be there 30 days). He had many chances to get out of it, since it took a week from the time he made the decision to go until they actually had an opening. I was so fearful that he would change his mind before it happened. Even up until the moment we said our goodbyes, I was worried. BUT HE DID IT! This was his decision! He told his 13 year old daughter this morning before he went that he loved her and would miss her and he has to do this so he can be a better dad to her. I almost cried on the spot.

Of course, this is only the first step, and the easiest. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers that the Lord's will be done and that he will be able to apply what he learns in there to real life once he gets out. I know that we have a long hard road ahead of us and it is only the beginning. I'm looking forward to the counseling sessions we will have as a family and I'm hoping to supplement those after he gets out with more family therapy. Also, I have the book Codependent No More which I'm going to start reading tonight!
Old 08-28-2008, 03:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Crushed)))

I'm glad he made the decision and truly wish him the best.

Hugs and prayers to you both (and his daughter)!

Amy
Old 08-28-2008, 03:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This IS good news and my prayers go out for both of you, that this may be a time of healing and good recovery for each of you.

Hugs
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Thinking of you both...
  # 5 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up Godspeed

:praying
:ghug2
Old 08-28-2008, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sending my prayers for your husband's willingness and for some much needed rest and peace for you. Also adding prayers for your daughter. I really hope that he will keep his promise to her. Hugs, Marle
Old 08-28-2008, 06:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm grateful for this miracle in your life. Prayers that he will keep moving forward. I found rehab time a great time for me to get really serious about my own recovery and hit some meetings. Hugs
Old 08-28-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi crushed, Sounds like a good start and great book to read. The family sessions at rehab are the best. Try to get all you need to out.....I wish your hubby the best of luck abd for you~~~serenity for 30 days!! Smiles, Bonnie
Old 08-30-2008, 10:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

this is a good thing. i am glad to hear he went. that is a big first step. prayers for you both,
Old 08-30-2008, 10:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That's good news. so here's to your husband and my daughter who is also in treatment tonight! may God bless them both with honesty, openmindedness, and willingness.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
turning red!

That's great news that he made this HUGE step on his own, and i can only hope for the best for the 3 of you.
My boyfriend (father of our daughter, 3 weeks old) is also in treatment, but for one year...that's pretty tough! Anyway, at the end of the day it's for the best so let's cross fingers we can have our "happy family forever" afterwards ;p
x
Old 09-01-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Add my prayers too. Recovery is amazing.