The Closer

Old 08-27-2008, 09:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I just watched the professor one. woah.... that is really one helluva show.

Grant it - I've only seen one episode..... but I gotta say that William's wife is AMAZING!!!!!! That whole syringe thing and then Quinn and then friends. Just that aspect. THAT got me! Just shows how weak I am still in my recovery because I believed Quinn! I wonder if Quinn will show up again later?

I'm glad the main subject is of William's family and showing those dynamics. Especially with the children.

Thus far - I'd have to say it's pretty close to Six Feet Under - in terms of gripping the viewer.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Abundance View Post
I just watched the professor one. woah.... that is really one helluva show.

Grant it - I've only seen one episode..... but I gotta say that William's wife is AMAZING!!!!!! That whole syringe thing and then Quinn and then friends. Just that aspect. THAT got me! Just shows how weak I am still in my recovery because I believed Quinn! I wonder if Quinn will show up again later?

I'm glad the main subject is of William's family and showing those dynamics. Especially with the children.

Thus far - I'd have to say it's pretty close to Six Feet Under - in terms of gripping the viewer.

I don't think it has anything to do with being weak in your recovery.
Being strong in your recovery IMO doesn't mean your supposed to
know who is lying or just think they are lying. That is on them, not us.

Because it could have just as well been William Banks, so it's not about
us "Knowing".....

Just my opinion though.

I believed him also, maybe because I wanted to, but I'm not one who
can go around not believing my friends. That is on them if they choose
to lie. I think they made it hard to know he was lying to show you the
true power that addiction has on people.
You should watch one of the first episodes, something else similar but
different happens that really shocked me. I'm not strong enough to live
around that life, lol, that's what I figured out...
I do hope they bring Quinn back though.

The professor really got to me, I could relate to that insanity so well.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Okay... here is another thing that I'm not strong enough in my recovery. I would be having sex with William! LOL!!!!!!

Done... yeah... I was thinking that with Quinn..... just how the addiction makes lying so believable.

William's wife was amazing how she handled it with him too. When she said he was a good liar.. and how she stood firm in saying that the person who brought it in the house is not welcome again - and then William and her acting as a TEAM!

When Quinn said what he learned in Prison ...... about the 3rd thing and the couple making something together.... wouldn't that be the kids?????

Done..... I thought it was good how it showed how quickly and chaotic addiction becomes. The desperation. I believe that when the addict is in the throws of it - they do not see it all unfolding. And then the denial of family/friends because they too don't want to believe it.

I remember telling myself... even though I knew it was bad.... that it was going to be okay. As long as he is happy (he was high when happy).... and then it's like I escape just as much into it.

That show is incredible with how much they portray in such a small amount of time. If it wasn't for the fact that I have so much to do before my trip ~ I'd sit and watch all of those episodes right now! I think when I'm caught up in my own drama with this - I'll go to the CLEANER!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Okay... here is another thing that I'm not strong enough in my recovery. I would be having sex with William! LOL!!!!!!

Done... yeah... I was thinking that with Quinn..... just how the addiction makes lying so believable.

William's wife was amazing how she handled it with him too. When she said he was a good liar.. and how she stood firm in saying that the person who brought it in the house is not welcome again - and then William and her acting as a TEAM!

When Quinn said what he learned in Prison ...... about the 3rd thing and the couple making something together.... wouldn't that be the kids?????

Done..... I thought it was good how it showed how quickly and chaotic addiction becomes. The desperation. I believe that when the addict is in the throws of it - they do not see it all unfolding. And then the denial of family/friends because they too don't want to believe it.

I remember telling myself... even though I knew it was bad.... that it was going to be okay. As long as he is happy (he was high when happy).... and then it's like I escape just as much into it.

That show is incredible with how much they portray in such a small amount of time. If it wasn't for the fact that I have so much to do before my trip ~ I'd sit and watch all of those episodes right now! I think when I'm caught up in my own drama with this - I'll go to the CLEANER!

Oh yea, I'm single, so I'd have no problem with Me and William Banks either..
He is a hottie.....
I liked how his wife said that Quinn was no longer welcome either, I was a bit torn about it at first, but they do have kids... and he did it in her home, that was just wrong........ So I can understand that..
I don't remember the thing about them making something together..??

Yea, I agree I like how they show how it does happen so fast, people are alsways asking how could you do that to yourself, etc. but it does happen so fast and before you know it, and it shows the side of the family too,
like how the girlfriend was paying for the meth, cuz she thought that was
the right thing to do to help him..
Crazy.....
Old 08-27-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Totally...... I remember in the throws of all the active addiction my guy's reasoning to use the opies so he could work. That it just "worked"...... but my mind kept saying ..... the withdrawals DON"T work though! There is no way you can sustain the feeding of it! BUT he didn't see that. He didn't want to see it. But I sure can see how it "worked"......... (at first!!!!)

Whether it is addiction or recovery - it truly is just one day at a time. Things change daily - yet they really do seem to stay the same. In addiction - doing the same thing .......... in Recovery - doing the same thing. How do we want to play out the "same"..... as my father has always told me..... "What you are now you are becoming" <--------- that is a hard one to follow. In the mist of addiction - that is SCARY! In recovery - it's a healthy reminder!

Quinn was having that one on one talk with the wife about their marriage. He referenced an author (forget who).

*as for the sex.... if William was my husband.... i find recovery extremely sexy ... like a moth to the flame..... that I would never want to leave the bedroom! I literally thought at first when she was pulling away it's because he asked to take it to the bedroom.... and she was battling internally with the thrill being gone ... like why couldn't they just resume on the couch! WOW ~ that is what I mean by my skewed thinking! It didn't even dawn on me that she isn't able to give herself to him like that purely from a trust stand point.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Totally...... I remember in the throws of all the active addiction my guy's reasoning to use the opies so he could work. That it just "worked"...... but my mind kept saying ..... the withdrawals DON"T work though! There is no way you can sustain the feeding of it! BUT he didn't see that. He didn't want to see it. But I sure can see how it "worked"......... (at first!!!!)

Whether it is addiction or recovery - it truly is just one day at a time. Things change daily - yet they really do seem to stay the same. In addiction - doing the same thing .......... in Recovery - doing the same thing. How do we want to play out the "same"..... as my father has always told me..... "What you are now you are becoming" <--------- that is a hard one to follow. In the mist of addiction - that is SCARY! In recovery - it's a healthy reminder!

Quinn was having that one on one talk with the wife about their marriage. He referenced an author (forget who).
Oh yea, I was convinced I needed it at first too, and it did work so well for so long.... before it didn't.... lol, I could easily say we had a good run...
till it wanted to kill me..... ughhh... what a nightmare.

and with meth, I never really had any comedowns because I only did bumps, so I was steady for most of the time I did it, I never binged.
So the only time I had a comedown was when I tried to quit.
So I really didn't see "The Problem",, I saw the problem as quitting for
awhile.

"What you are now you are becoming"
Oh wow, I really like that, it is so true.....
Old 08-27-2008, 10:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Can anyone tell me when they are on? I have dish network - I've heard ad's but am knee deep in Ah's addiction that I don't have time to watch tv. Ironically though, AH and I use to Tivo and watch every single Intervention. All the while I had NO idea that he was knee deep in his own addiction JUST as heavily as most of them were. We would actually sit and discuss how sad it was that the addict's couldn't "see" what "we" saw.
Callie....... while my guy was on his run these past few weeks.... he was also talking program material. Heck..... we stayed up on Saturday night this weekend until 6am putting together a recovery/ relapse plan! He was high on adderall through it all! I just tell myself that it is the addiction .... it takes the sting out of it morally and ethically.

What is painful to me..... is "tough love".... that is where I know what I need to be doing to help and not enable....... but my love is not so tough. I'm working on it though
Old 08-27-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Hey guys, I watch this show, love it, but I always miss parts because hubby is a channel flipper addict lol So I have questions!!
I have never understood the fact that William and his wife do not sleep in the same room?
What is up with that?
How long is he supposed to have been clean?
Does he know the guy that works for him is using?
Old 08-27-2008, 11:19 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

ooooh I didn't know that there was a guy that works for him that is still using. I bet that William has got his fbi and snooping thing down pat. He probably is more interested in actions..... than suspicions! Just a hunch tho

I am probably going to watch this show on my lap top.....

I didn't know that they didn't sleep in the same room either. I want to know what the "rules" are too for her. I wonder if he'll practice the 13th step with his hot chick employee..... and get the sum sum on the side. At least it looks like it could lead up to that. I'd hope not..... but he is a guy.... after all Not that = that makes it okay. But I have a feeling he knows the drama it would cause. I think his character has learned to not play games - only end them.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by TTOSBT View Post
Hey guys, I watch this show, love it, but I always miss parts because hubby is a channel flipper addict lol So I have questions!!
I have never understood the fact that William and his wife do not sleep in the same room?
What is up with that?
How long is he supposed to have been clean?
Does he know the guy that works for him is using?

He cheated on her I think, or because of his using, but they separated and then he slept with the Asian hottie...

He fired the other guy for using once, but then he got clean and brought him back. I don't know if you saw the recent meth episode t hough...
So we'll see what happens.
Jackass should have not put him in that situation, is kind of what I think on one hand, he better not turn his back on him now.
This time it's not his fault for relapsing...... I so feel for him..
Old 08-27-2008, 11:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Done, what are you talking about??
I saw the one last night where they were trying to get the undercover cop out of the crack house before the bust came down and that is when I saw the blond guy using, in that episode. Why are you saying it is not his fault he relapsed?? Who is Jackass and what did Jackass do???
Old 08-27-2008, 11:40 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

The blond guy was forced by some gang he went undercover with. They actually held a gun to his head and put the pipe to his mouth. The episode last night was a flashback...at the end he was going through withdrawal again, at least that was my impression.

I think William's wife is trying to keep a boundry with the sex thing...I don't know how she does it...I would have given in a long long time ago!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:40 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I am addicted to this show and William Banks, I have seen them all. It comes on Tues. @ 10 and I am on second shift so I miss that one. I know it is replayed at 11 and also 3Am because I worked over last night and caught it when i got home. There was a time when I couldn't watch shows about addiction but now I think it is a reminder of where I was and where I am now. I like that it shows the family and what it does to them...it kinda of makes people understand. LOVE IT!!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:51 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theotherone View Post
The blond guy was forced by some gang he went undercover with. They actually held a gun to his head and put the pipe to his mouth. The episode last night was a flashback...at the end he was going through withdrawal again, at least that was my impression.

I think William's wife is trying to keep a boundry with the sex thing...I don't know how she does it...I would have given in a long long time ago!
That's what I'm saying! It's really making me look at my own self-respect. My guy might be in trouble now!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:53 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Aaahhh, I did not see that part (about being forced to smoke), thank otherone!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I never really gave Benjaman Bratt a second thought...But in the Closer, I don't know if it's his look or more his role, I'd do it in a heartbeat!
Old 08-27-2008, 12:02 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Yeah.... I never gave him a second look either! But I gotta say that it really just shows how much HOTTER I find recovery than addiction! Even normies do nothing for me (at least from my adult relationship experience).... but recovery - ABSOFRIGGINLUTELY!!!!! I know I'm doing good when my laws of attraction are those in recovery and not addiction! The normies I attract are actually more of the codie type! MAN..... this makes me look at myself and my role in my life SO much more!
Old 08-27-2008, 12:12 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I missed it last night, damn... I forgot about it...

But yea, like theotherone said, they held a gun to his head literally and put a meth pipe in his mouth, and he did try hard to refuse it, each time he refused they blasted him in the head with their gun. They were trying to figure out if he was a cop.
I was talking about William Banks, I think I was just mad because in the show afterward they just kind of left him there by himself... It was kind of ridiculous.

Oh yea, especially with that fire and intensity he has..... Grrrrrrrrr,,,,, lol
Old 08-27-2008, 02:17 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Then this last biker episode, omg, that poor guy.....
Yeah that episode, even though it had Eric Roberts in it (who I absolutely adore!!!) was one of the ones that had me say 'oh chit' and 'oh damn' and a few stronger expletives. Was just a wee bit too realistic for this gal, brought back some very bad and some very good memories, but more bad than good.

And the kid is still having problems now in last night's episode, also very very realistic.

What I have been able to discover from some of my friends who are still clean and sober and still out there is that Warren's wife had and has a LOT of input on the scripts from her point of view and how things evolved after he got clean.

I hope they continue to keep the integrity that they have shown so far to show 'the whole picture' and not end up doing it just for 'drama's sake.'

Yes, I am a fan!!!!!!! roflmao

The episode last night was another excellent episode. Not only very reminiscent of my friends that were Viet Nam vets that died on the streets, but seeing it happening again with Desert Storm vets and now some Iraq vets are headed down that road. So vivid!!!

What is up with that?
It's part of their 'real' story. It took lots of time for them to work everything out, after he got out of prison, and after he did have an affair early in recovery, not sure that the gal continued to work for him though in the 'real events.' They did separate. They did get back together, they had many problems with their son, and their daughter did try to be 'perfect.' They have had one hell of a life, and the fact that today they are willing to put it all out there like this is incredible, what recovery.

Miss Done, I do believe the 'surf and miscellaneous shop' is still in Venice. It's on one of the streets just off Washington ??? that runs down to the beach. Some one else owns it now, but the real shop is still there, lol

Love and hugs,