Good stuff

Old 08-23-2008, 06:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good stuff

I can say today that I finally have some good stuff to post about. For starters a lot of positive things have happened since Friday. As you know, things got pretty rough. AH got his last disability check on Friday (he is back to work now and will get regular checks soon). I was so depressed as once again there wasn't enough money to cover the bills I wanted to pay, my son is starting kindergarten on Monday and I need to put money on his food debit card for the cafeteria (he can pack his lunch, but it is actually cheaper to buy a hot lunch, but still he needs juice money, ice cream, etc.) Plus I needed to buy groceries. I was sinking. Well, my neighbors have a food service delivery that I have seen the trucks before (didn't know what it was but it looked "gourmet"). I had gotten a telemarketer call a few days before (yes, I usually blow them off the phone, but was feeling nice that day) and I listened to his offer. What appealed to me was that it was grocery delivery (I have another pending surgery and I don't want AH having free reign with the money again while I am in a hospital bed). So, like I said, my ears were perked up. I made an appt. for a sales rep to come buy Friday evening at 7. Well, God was on my side. They bring a big box of "sample food" for you to try, whether you join or not. I mean, we are talking massive T-bone steaks, boneless chix breast, center cut pork chops, a few lbs. of ground beef, burgers, chix thighs. I nearly cried. So, I sat down and talked with the guy with AH and the service is phenomenal. Incredible cuts and grades of meats, veggies, ribs, sausages, seafood, pastas, deserts, etc. The bring a massive sub zero freezer, everything is individually sealed, they stock the freezer based on your selections (he assists you as it is overwhelming) and you basically do a shop for 8 mos. worth of food. Then they bill you $240 a month for 6 mos. (2 mos. worth of free food) and then you only pay $110 for the freezer. After that, you can re-order whatever you want (lesser quanties, or say, fill me up again! I mean, I don't know about you guys, but I can spend $200 in a week and half at the store. I cook a lot.

Best part (being that I am so broke), my first payment isn't until the first of November! I just feel that god just blessed me! I mean, you know the story in the bible where Jesus only had a few loafs of bread and a few fishes, but he feed the entire group of followers on the hill? I was reminded of that. I had went to church this Sunday for the first time in years, I put 5 dollars in the basket (even though I am as broke as I am) and I feel that God has given it back to me a 100 fold. Isn't that miraculous?

So, I know this is long (sorry). But I also went to my first therapy session of Friday too. I got so discouraged as the therapist wrote down the wrong time and she wasn't there. I sat there for 20 mins and finally called her number. She got right over to her office, and apologized like crazy. Then we had a fabulous session (I really, really like her). So then, I went to give her my co-pay and she was like, NO WAY! I couldn't take that from you being as I left you sitting there waiting for me! There we were! I now had the money to put on my son's school card now!

Another wonderful blessing. I went to my first Al-anon meeting today. I loved it. I connected to the group immediately. I can't wait to go back on Monday night after therapy.

Lastly, and most importantly, AH and I have gotten along wonderfully this weekend. He was making calls today to meet up with some people from rehab for a meeting tomorrow.

So, I am feeling very, very blessed. I went from completely dispondant and despair on Friday, to calm, peaceful and feeling loved today.

It feels good.
(sorry the post was so long):ghug
Old 08-23-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow! Your post was inspiring and awsome. I enjoyed every word. I am so happy for you. Remember the story of the poor woman who gave all she had and the wealthy who gave a little. Jesus said what she has given is worth many times more than the others. You gave freely what you could not spare. You were blessed many times over. Awsome! I hope all days will be full of joy for you. Thanks LOL eliz
Old 08-23-2008, 08:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

What a wodnerful post! I'm so happy that you have been blessed with solutions to the things that have been worrying you. Keep turning it over to your Higher Power...It is amazing how believing things can work out helps them to work out. Hugs - Hope tomorrow is chockful of wonderful things for you!