Little update

Old 08-22-2008, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Little update

Hi all! I know I haven't been on in a while. Life has been crazy! Good crazy though I've enrolled in University. Even received some scholarship money. Unfortunately I have to quit my job with the airlines. Which I feel is for the best. The airline job has definitely served its purpose. It got me many miles from my family of addicts and gave me the means to get on my feet. Now I think I'm ready to move on. I'm definitely ready to go back to sleeping on a regular basis!

I've lost touch with my addicted mother. Her birthday came and went with no contact. I do have an email address but I chose not to initiate contact because I know she isn't sober or healthy and I don't want to invite all of that drama back into my life. My addicted grandmother is in her final months of life. She's entered hospice and with the plentiful supply of drugs and the death sentence she's happier than I've ever seen her! I've found a comfortable level of contact with some of my family and others I've let go. I hope that I have actually exited the cycle of misery with my family. I'm staying vigilant though.

I just want to thank everyone that gave me advice and support. I can't believe how far I've come in less than 2 yrs! :ghug3
Old 08-22-2008, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((MidnightFrost)))

So good to hear from you!

I'm glad you have been able to detach and move on with your life. Good for you!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-22-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Midnightfrost View Post
The airline job has definitely served its purpose. It got me many miles from my family of addicts and gave me the means to get on my feet.
Hmmm...Makes me want to consider an airline job myself

Thanks for the update...glad to hear you're on your way!

(((Hugs)))