His mother is the drug dealer...

Old 08-13-2008, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

His mother is the drug dealer...

I never mentioned this, but it is something on my mind. His mother is the drug dealer. She gets scripts from all these diffrent doctors and sells them to other people for profit. She use to be a nurse so she is able to make a lot of contacts. What gets me more angry is that she is on medicaid, so in reality we are paying for this with our taxes. She pays only a few dollars for this "medication" and turns them around to make hundreds.

I recently heard that she had oxy's and he took a few of them....

This is a reason I always feel so bad. I know he is an adult, I really wish he would go to a halfway house. Its just so sad. She is the one who would give him Vicodins as a teenager, and since she was a nurse I guess she felt the right to do this... I just get so upset, because he is an angel and it's amazing he can be so nice when he is sober... I pray that he gets out of that house.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is one of the fears that I have with AH--that when the kids are older he will not see any problem with giving them dope. He has gotten high with my nephew (who is 20+ years older than him and I think in some cases my nephew may even be giving it to him). There was another occasion when my parents lived with us for a brief period while waiting to get into one of those 55+ housing places that he was stealing my mom's meds--for himself and perhaps to sell. I also found out he had taken some pain medication I had after I had knee surgery and was selling it to a friend or trading it for marijuana. I have to admit this was at his very worse (worst--is that a word?)--but the fact that he did not see this was a problem. His response when I confronted him was well she has plenty of them--it's not like she would miss them (for my mom's medication) and for my pain meds--just that I was not using them. . .there is no rational thought there.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Littlebird,
Why don't you report this?
Old 08-13-2008, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

For so many reasons... For one, if she gets in trouble his father would be taken to a home... He is in his 70's... and it's just not my place. I really can't "rat" on anyone....I know what is in darkness will be brought to light.

Originally Posted by beegee View Post
Littlebird,
Why don't you report this?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The three c's
you did cause it
you cant control it
and you cant cure it

To "rat" or not to "rat".......hum really what purpose would it serve? It wont stop him from using they find the ways and means to do that regardless of what we do..................so my opinion is that you just stay out of that issue its really not your issue and by getting into it you could cause yourself more trouble ...............

sorry your going thru this but honestly when the others here on SR tell you to focus on yourself this is one of those times it comes in handy.............if your focused on you you dont have time to worry or fret over him or his mother............

hang in there
Old 08-13-2008, 09:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know about not being a rat, but maybe both her son and father would be better off without her in their lifes. YOu worry about the son getting out of the house but has long as the drugs are there he will always be there.

It is not your place then who's place is it. The friend or the parent or the family the person she sells the drugs to overdose. What about the doctors given her the pills, they could be giving them to anyone.

She is a drug deal, Sorry if I sound upset, but it does not make sense to it is none of your business.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

part of recovery is determining whats Your business and whats someone elses, and also taking care of yourself, Not reacting

trying to have a drug dealer busted is serious business, there could be negative effects for you and your life if its discovered that you were the one -- so staying out of something like that is for your safety

My husband is an addict and believe me theres plenty of times I would have loved to STEP in and cut out his source of drugs............but really even if I was successful it wouldnt stop his using hed just find somewhere else to get it. I'm afraid that thats the case with any addict thats determined to use................
Old 08-13-2008, 10:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree with liesagain on this one.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
rozied

I agree with Liesagain too. Life is hard enough minding our own business without getting involved with someone else's.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I don't get how these people get away with going to all these different doctors.
My doctor knew exactly where, who, and what I had prescribed in his computer.
My pharmacy is crazy strict about refilling my prescriptions, and these aren't
even narcotics, just wellbutrin and topamax.....
They have some way of keeping track of it here.....

****{Littlebird}}}}
Old 08-13-2008, 07:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Originally Posted by liesagain View Post

My husband is an addict and believe me theres plenty of times I would have loved to STEP in and cut out his source of drugs............but really even if I was successful it wouldnt stop his using hed just find somewhere else to get it. I'm afraid that thats the case with any addict thats determined to use................

Tell me about it. During my worst Codie moments, and I have had a lot of them, I text messeged all of my AH's drug dealers and told them to quit calling my husband or I would report them. Did that stop my AH from using drugs? HELL NO! He just went someplace else. All it did was made me look like his mommy, telling him who he could and coulden't talk to. I'm sure it embarrassed my AH and justified him popping another pill.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jerect View Post
I'm sure it embarrassed my AH and justified him popping another pill.
That is perhaps how he rationalized it, but you do not have the power over anyone to casue them to pop a pill or not. None of us do.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

yeah, i would never report anything. i would never do that. i'm just upset because any idea of hope is diminished even more being that he lives with the source. but that is not for me to worry. the source of my problems no longer lives here and i really should be happy about that, thank you guys for grounding me.

...ps, i am sleeping A LOT, i'm not sure if its depression or my body getting some sort of relief from the years of stress.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

((Littlebird))

It's sad, but if he wants to keep using, he will, whether or not he's getting them from her.

One of the boys I used to buy crack from, his mom got addicted to it. He was FURIOUS and didn't want anyone to sell to her. I promptly reminded him that the people HE sold to, many of them were someone's mom or dad!

I don't like my tax money paying for this, either, but there's a LOT of things I don't like paying for. I see people on disability, still working (under the table). My mom's approval for disability came 2 weeks AFTER she died.

Life is not always easy, sometimes it's darn hard, and it's not always fair. I try to focus on me. As long as MY side of the street is clean, that's all I can do.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-14-2008, 10:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sorry Littlebird, I was just curious what was stopping you. I suppose I do understand your side of it. I know sometimes it doesn't do anygood also. They want the big guys not the players. I would think also that the pharmacy would catch this but they seem to be worked to death now also. Stay safe...
Old 08-14-2008, 04:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I know that I would report it, I guess I have a vengeful attitude. It just gets my goat to think that someone goes to all these doctors, sells the pills, and collects taxpayers money. just pisses me off