If you are down and out, had enough, then read this...

Old 08-12-2008, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

If you are down and out, had enough, then read this...

I was angry this morning. (like every day) I was searching for answers, hope, solice, anything. I posted a thread here called Losing my sanity. I had many replies and so much love, advice and help. One particular angel of mercy told me to get a book called "Codependent No More" by Melody Beattie.

I was baffled. Me, codependent? Nah. I am the strong one holding it together. I am not sick! Blah, Blah, Blah! Well, I figured, what could it hurt? And I went to the public library rather than shelling out any more dough (had to buy AH all these AA books, NA stuff, and all kinds of crap for rehab).

All I can say to anyone reading this is:
if you are at your bottom with your spouse, you feel desperate, beaten down, angry, alone, hurt and much more...GET THIS BOOK! Don't walk, run to get it. You might just find what so many others have mentioned to me and what I have found. A way to heal, a life line.

Thank you again Mr. B. My guardian angel for the day! I had to share your gift you gave to me. Pass it along.:ghug3
Old 08-12-2008, 07:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

I agree Greeneyedgirl~~That books the best. I was just like you when I started this addiction journey..Codependant~~me~~nuh!!!!! What a laugh when I started realizing all the mistakes I had made in the name of loving my son. No more~~~so enjoy your reading!! Smiles, Bonnie
Old 08-12-2008, 09:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

amazing how hard the book hit me too. Never even heard of the word "co-dependant" before. I almost fell on my butt reading the similarities ..
Old 08-13-2008, 11:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
IPT

I need to re-read this one. All I could see whan I read it was the blatent actions of my g/f and her mom (who use together). Had a hard time seeing me, but I am in a different place now .
Old 08-14-2008, 01:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I read the book YEARS ago, when I was a major codie. I liked it, but wasn't ready to DO anything about being a codie...too "comfortable" in my misery.

NOW, though, the book "speaks" to me much clearer.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-14-2008, 04:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Count me as one of you... the book opened my eyes big time. I too had never even heard of the word co-dependent. I had a friend who's behavior I couldn't understand, explain or label and when I read the book... I was like OMG... BUT even more important, it was HUGE for me. It all started to make sense in terms how I had lost myself and what that really meant. For some time my family and friends had said those words to me, "you have lost you" and I had no idea what that meant.... then, I got it.

Thank godness for the book and for SR. Amazing.