What have I been doing?!

Old 08-07-2008, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What have I been doing?!

Wow, I mean WOW!!! I have been reading posts here for the past 2 days. I'm a newbie. Hi, I'm an enabler. Lots of help here. Great support from people. But really, after reading all the, "he/she is so great when ...", "I love him/her ...", "I will fix them ...". I have said every single one of those. When I did, I thought I was the only person there. Now, I really understand the 3 C's!!! What I have been doing to myself! I don't know how people get sucked into it, again, similar traits, confident, flirty, attractive etc. (Vampires!). Somehow, other relationships seem so ugly expect the one we were "addicted" to. We let ourselves be treated like a doormat to be with someone who is not willing to love themselves. Enough said. I am still there, but slowly recovering! Thank you all.:ghug2
Old 08-07-2008, 02:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This forum has helped me SOOOO much...not only in dealing with my ex bf, who is still using, but with other people in life.

Once we are aware, it's like a huge awakening.

Stick around. What's really neat is seeing someone so wrapped up in their A, then find their way out of the chaos and re-discover life.

The best part is, there's NOTHING we have to go through ourselves...there is always someone here to lend you a hand,an ear, a hug, a prayer.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy