Prayers needed

Old 08-07-2008, 06:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Prayers needed

My AH called me last night to come pick him up. He had been out getting drunk and high on crack all day and had gotten pulled over for speeding. They gave him the field sobriety tests and he failed 2 out of 4. They let him off of the DWI. He said the police told him that they were letting him off the hook. He thinks it's because they found all the NA and AA stuff in his car and realized he was an alcholic, and he said the cop who wrote him the ticket didn't even know what to say. Anyway, I guess it spooked him, because he is still saying today that he is going to call the counselor he had in rehab (he got kicked out of a 9 week outpatient program after 6 weeks last week because he couldn't stay sober) and ask if he can come into inpatient treatment. He said he wished they had arrested him and taken him to jail. He said he just wants to be away from the stuff (crack) for the rest of his life, he wants it to be over. He even apologized for "putting me through all this". Maybe he has finally hit bottom. Maybe not.

Anyway, I just want everyone to pray that God's will be done here. I just don't even know what to say or do anymore when it comes to him, so most times I just keep my mouth shut. I just pray that if there is something I'm supposed to say or do, that God gives me the words and actions.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
rozied

You know there is a website that actually deals with crack addiction. I cked it out cuz my son is addicted. If your hubby has reached his bottom this would be a good resource. it is also based on God delivering you. The website is Crack Cocaine Addiction Treatment Recovery Support Help They call crack the devil's candy.
Praying for you & your husband.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((CC))))))

Prayers going out for you and your H. Just remember to be gentle and take very good care of yourself!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Praying God's best for you, please take good care of you.

Also asking your AH's HP to help him have an open mind and heart to take the steps to what is best for him to fight the disease of addiction.

Wishing you Serenity, Joy & Love,
Rita
Old 08-07-2008, 07:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending prayers. Sometimes when you don't know what to say, the best thing you can do is say nothing. That is okay. Take care of yourself. Hugs, Marle
Old 08-07-2008, 02:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's great. I hope it works for him.

How about you? Do you have any boundaries in place about the way you are willing to be treated and the kind of behavior you find acceptable from the people in your life? Have you decided how you will react IF the boundaries are violated?

This would be a great time to set some...

If your BF has started to commit to recovery, you can help him by not enabling him in his addiction and working on your own recovery.