Life is Like a Box of Chocolates.....

Old 08-02-2008, 05:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Wink Life is Like a Box of Chocolates.....

So how bout an update from Ms. Done. I can't even explain how good I am doing. For those of you who know me, you know where I came from.

For those of you who don't. I came here on November 14, 2005 broken and ready to kill myself, quiet literally. No exaggeration to that at all. I was so addicted to meth, and I wanted to stop, but I just did not know how.
I was also a cutter and have been for many years, and well as a LONG time
anorexic/bulimic. I was a mess. I am proud to say that the last day I used was the day I came here. I was "Adopted" by many Mom's here who helped me, and I worked my butt off with a therapist and did some smart recovery and a little bit of crystal meth meeting when I needed them.
I was broke, not working a full time job, and never knew how I was going to påy my rent. My parents did not know what to do with me, they did not know about my meth problem but they knew about the cutting, the eating disorder and the suicidalness. Thank God for them, without them I never would have made it.
Three years ago when my parents visited me it was so hard. I had to sneak to the bathroom to do my lines, and I was always broke, I was miserable, etc.

Forward to now almost three years later. This time I was able to take time off my busy schedule to be with them. We were able to do things they had never done before. I was able to take them to Bryan Adams with VIP tickets front row, stuff I could never even THINK about when I was using..

So what sparked me to write this post? Well I thought about it the other day because things have only been getting better and better, and work it just keeps getting better, but then I was like ahh, don't jinx yourself...

But one of my big problems that I have been working on for the last year I'd say is forgiveness of my Dad. He hurt me a lot.....
I was somewhat traded for a step family and forgotten about.. So why come back now is kind of how I feel. But he's my Dad and I was Daddy's little girl for the first half of my life. Anyway.... I forgive him, I'm working my relationship with him now.. But one thing.... he took away from me was
my inheritance... My step sister already got hers and she blew it, but she and my step brothers get most of mine. It was a HUGE HUGE COURT battle that tore our entire family in two...

So I have accepted that I lost what was mine. So. Be. It.

I believe that my higher power and myself will take care of my needs. As long as I stay off the meth, the cutting, and the ED and keep working hard. I'll be fine....
Anyway........

My uncle just called my Mom

He called because everything he has, his assests, his house,
all of it, go to her, or to ME, when something happens to him.
He was calling to make sure he spelled my name right....

Basically he said I just want you to know your daughter will always be very well taken care of...

I was sure my cousin would get everything....
I was shocked to say the least. My cousin lives there, sees him
all the time. I am the blacksheep who lives and does my own thing.

Anyway, it's like I told my Mom, once you let go of things and stop
trying to control things, they fall into place...

I know some of you are in Hell right now, but don't give up.
My Mom made the comment , who would have though after all
we've been through that we would be where we are today.
I could tell you some stories that you probably would not even
believe, things I never thought I would live through. But we
do.

Anyway, never give up hope.....

Old 08-02-2008, 06:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you dearly for your story!

It is heartwarming and sharing HOPE is a joyous, helpful gift! A very powerful share, as well.

I have a big grin, for you and for all those who will read your post and especially those who cannot imagine that hope right now in their lives?

working on those past hurts is painful but they also set us free. I am working on that now, again, long process for me....but you will gain back so much more love for yourself and enrichment.

You are an inspiration and mostly I am rejoicing with you for your happiness and good news that your inheritance has been restored through your uncle. How cool is that?!

HUGS,
Live
Old 08-02-2008, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Miss Done. I am very happy that things are working out for you. Forgiveness, I have found, is more about me than the other person. Glad you found a way to forgive. Hugs, Marle
Old 08-02-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

wow..Ms. Done, powerful post...
and you know karma is as karma does, and you have been busy building up some good karma....all well deserved...I remember how blown away I was when I first came here by this spunky,smart as a whip, young girl...
awesome that you have found a way to forgive your Dad, shows your quality....hugs grateful
Old 08-02-2008, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Miss Done,

Congratulations on a wonderful life today! Thank you for an inspiring post.

JMF
Old 08-02-2008, 09:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((( done )))

As one of your "moms", I am happy for you and incredibly proud of you. Good stuff DOES happen!

Hugs
Cats
Old 08-03-2008, 01:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Wow, your recovery is amazing.
It doesn't always get easier, but it gets better.
Your uncle sees the good in you. He seems to have forgiven you for the addicted to meth years.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Miss Done,

Yes, Good things do happen to good people!

Thank you for sharing all of your wisdom with us.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
krhea75

Thanks done for sharing your story. Your advice always goes right to the core of the problem, and I've appreciated your thoughts on my posts. You've paid a hard price, but the help you give others is priceless.
krhea
Old 08-03-2008, 05:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey there cutie. I so love to hear your updates. I am so proud of you. You are an inspitation & give us moms hope for our children. You have contrubuted so much here, I hope you realize there is a big Miss Done fan club. Here's a high five comin at cha!
Old 08-03-2008, 05:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well done Miss Done!!

Thank you so much for the message of hope
You are an amazing young woman and I am proud to be part of your SR family

please give yourself an extra hug...from me to you:ghug3
Old 08-03-2008, 06:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you Miss Done!!!! You are a wonderful young lady and I am another mom who is so proud of you. You helped me so much when I started and still do to this day. You are so right in saying that your HP is looking out for you.
You did all the hard work on your own, we just send you our love and support.
Keep up the great work, you deserve all you have now and all you will get in the future.
Hugs and prayers still coming your way
Old 08-03-2008, 07:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Done)))

What an awesome post. I'm so glad things are going great for you! You've always been an inspiration to me and I STILL feel like I'm always saying "I agree with Done"

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-03-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
rozied

(((Miss Done )))
I cannot claim to be one of your SR Mom's but I have been here almost a yr & see how far you have come. Your post to be have been very helpful.
Congratulations, it is way too cool what your uncle has done for you.
Love,
Diane
Old 08-03-2008, 09:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

((((Done)))))

What an amazingly uplifting, journey-post.
I haven't been here for all of your journey, but you have been for mine!

I have walked this last year with you, and I have felt my "mama" radar come out a time or two. I've listened to your ups and downs and along the way I was always comforted to see your determination to keep trudging forward. Its wonderful to see you having to struggle a little less these days, so I thank God for that daily blessing.

You have always been good at talking me down when it comes to my son, You've given honest, compassionate, insightful posts, but most importantly you've reminded me that even as I remember to detach and keep to my boundaries, it's also important to look for the good in my son and cherish those moments. You give hope for so many parents with your recovery so thanks for sticking around!.
Although you are honest and a realist, you remind us parents to, "Never Give Up!"
So thanks for all you bring to us!

Love, Cathy
Old 08-03-2008, 07:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Miss Done..
Soooo Proud of you and how far you've come. Wasn't one of your moms...but wished to be. Keep going, you give all of us hope...not to mention joy!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Done, wow you have come such a long way! I love hearing about yourself I really do. You bring hope to me not about my boyfriend but all the lost souls out there using drugs.

hugs to you Done
Old 08-04-2008, 07:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

Done...so glad that you are doing well and never losing sight that above all else you need to continue taking care of you and allowing HP take care of the rest.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you for this post, started my Monday, and my week off perfectly!

You are such a blessing to me and so many others. Your mom is, and should be!, very proud of you!!

I am!

love
susan
Old 08-04-2008, 06:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
BBD

Ms Done~~Thank you so much for that!! It makes me feel there is hope right around the corner?? Well~~maybe not that close but somewhere is sight. You've come a long way and have lots to be proud of. Keep up the good work and life will work out..Smiles, Bonnie