from an addicts point of view.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Canuhearme-
I have read your post and this thread over and over. Every codie who has been/are in a similar position can identify with the need to become "emotionally sober" to live without the spinning, obsession, worry, insecurity and fear that BECOMES us as we wait for the addict to "change" and become who we THINK he (or she) is.
I hate to say that I feel "relief" with your painful circumstances, but your honesty and candor is comforting and allows me to understand both sides better.

I wish only the best for you, and hope you get as much support here as you have lent to others.

God Bless,
Rivka
Old 08-08-2008, 08:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Looking for the silver lining

Originally Posted by rivka View Post
Canuhearme-
Every codie who has been/are in a similar position can identify with the need to become "emotionally sober" to live without the spinning, obsession, worry, insecurity and fear that BECOMES us as we wait for the addict to "change" and become who we THINK he (or she) is.
Rivka
My AH and I are in the process of separating. He will be moving out in the next few weeks. As I practice detachment, I think I am experiencing "withdrawal." He calls me alot crying, fearful, and pleading, and I put my boundaries down by not lavishing attention/affection/comfort or giving advice, etc. However, when we hang up, I hear the demons "you are so cruel." "Wouldn't you want to be comforted?" "What will he do with you?" Then I get major anxiety...my skin crawls...I have a sudden urge to call and soothe my angst. Thankfully, I have this forum to put it in prospective for me. Otherwise, I would get my codie fix and then go through the process of beating myself later for it.