SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   I think my AD relapsed (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/154333-i-think-my-ad-relapsed.html)

marle 07-24-2008 09:14 AM

I think my AD relapsed

She has not called me today. She always calls. Her phone is off and goes to voicemail. The halfway house does not give out information so I don't know what to do except pray. Hugs, Marle

marle 07-24-2008 09:27 AM

Sorry, she is fine. She was sick this morning and barely made her Opiate Recovery Group. Her phone was dead and she did not realize that I was such a freak. I need to calm down. Hugs, Marle

Done_With_It 07-24-2008 09:30 AM

Ahhh ******{Marle}}}}.. I can only imagine what you all must go through, my heart just sped up there for a minute too....

I'm so glad she is okay...

Lynette57 07-24-2008 09:31 AM

You are not a freak, I would have done the same thing. WE will always be mothers and the fear never goes away completely.

I am glad she is okay.

I have had some conversations about this very thing with my AD. I told her that even though the problem of being scared is mine, that she will have to try to understand that watchign her do to herself wat she did put my mind in a place that she cannot even imagine. And that I am working to recover myself. So if I seem a little "freaked out" from time to time it comes from a long time of having a reason to be terrified.

God bless you and your daughter.

Impurrfect 07-24-2008 09:32 AM

whew....my heart stopped there for a minute, too. Glad that she called you, and hope she gets to feeling better.

Don't be too hard on yourself for fearing the worst....you have years of practice in dealing with those fears.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Done_With_It 07-24-2008 09:35 AM

Nope, not a freak at all. My Mom having no idea about me, will get on her kicks sometimes if I don't answer the phone, thinking of all kinds of things that have
happened to me.
She has even called my landlord in a panic, lol, I'm like MOM! I just talked to you
two days ago! But you didn't answer any of your phones yesterday or today????
I got worried..

I'm like uh yea I noticed....
LOL
It's a normal Mom thing......... Not a freak thing at all...

We daughters owe it to our Mom to let you know we are okay, if you ask me.... lol
Saves all of us all kinds of trouble...

caileesnana 07-24-2008 09:41 AM

:a194:
Glad Megan is OK! So happy she is doing so well. First off, we are still mom's, regardless of the other variables!!

susan

gotahavfaith 07-24-2008 10:01 AM

I went to a meeting last nite and that was what we were talking about - worry! I know that our children sometimes think we are crazy but when we have all this experience in that department, it's hard to just turn it off. My daughter seems to understand this and tries really hard to let me know where she is going to be but sometimes just forgets until she gets that panicked message from me. It's not that I don't trust her, well yes it is, not yet anyway, that old thinking just sneaks in there. Glad your daughter is ok!

Chino 07-24-2008 10:16 AM

I think you're doing great. You had a moment and you came here to work it out. That's everything in my book :)

Spiritual Seeker 07-24-2008 10:36 AM

Yea for Megan !!!!

Maybe this is a good glimpse at how close to her recovery you are and what direction your focus might be.

Wishing you both all the best.

BBD 07-24-2008 11:54 AM

Hi marle, My heart goes out to you hon cause I know exactly how your feeling. I haven't heard from my son in 2 weeks so we know the signs. Try to keep busy as I am and know our HP is watching over us and the kids. Big mom hugs lady~~Bonnie

BBD 07-24-2008 11:55 AM

OOOOOPPPPSSSSSS~~~~~posted before I read all the posts. I am so glad she is fine....Deep breathes~~ Bonnie

rozied 07-24-2008 12:03 PM

Oh Marle When I saw your 1st post my 1st words were " Oh No " but then I read your 2nd. You are not over reacting at all. After all you have been through your reaction was quite appropriate,
So glad she is still in recovery,
Love,
Diane

helpus 07-24-2008 01:38 PM

Phew...Marle, was worried for a sec. I am so glad she is doing well. Will send out those prayers anyways that Megan continues to stay clean.

lil516 07-24-2008 03:05 PM

Oh Marle

I am so glad all is well...
I hope you know how much we all care...

my heart dropped when I saw the title of your post (in fact i may have even uttered a swear word!)

and now an extra prayer for megan that she continues to find strength and healing

ex D-Boy 07-24-2008 03:18 PM

arg, when i read the title of this thread i got real upset. glad that everything turned out ok and that your daughter is still going 2 months + strong.

Also 1 question, is she committing to the halfway house for 4 months?? 6 months?? and after that I read somewhere that she is going to be moving back in with you?

Stay safe marle and have a great weekend , Scotty ~~

marle 07-24-2008 03:23 PM

Scotty, She is moving here at the end of the month. She will continue outpatient here and counselling and meetings as well as the suboxone. She seems committed to staying clean and going back to college in a year, so we shall see. This will be a true test of my recovery. Weekends have worked out okay but having her underfoot fulltime???? Hugs, Marle

greeteachday 07-24-2008 10:17 PM

(((((Marle))))) (((((Megan)))))
always in my prayers. No matter how many recovery tools avaialble, it seems natural to react as you did first. Glad she contacte dyou before you had to pull out more tools to work through it.

CarolD 07-24-2008 11:10 PM

Prayers coming to you and to Megan
(((Marle)))

BigSis 07-24-2008 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by marle (Post 1845836)
Sorry, she is fine. She was sick this morning and barely made her Opiate Recovery Group. Her phone was dead and she did not realize that I was such a freak. I need to calm down. Hugs, Marle

Maybe... or maybe, with continued sobriety, she can retrain you. After all, it was her behavior that trained you to be this way in the first place.

FYI - my mom quit drinking a few times, then finally figured out how to stay quit back in 1980. I don't think I quit some of MY behaviors (checking her eyes, waiting for the other shoe to drop) for several YEARS.

She has 28 years, today. But when she told me a few years ago that she toasted New Year's Eve with champagne (held it to her lips, but didn't sip) ... I IMMEDIATELY went right back into crisis mode, for a little while, at any rate.

We are who we are. And we use our program to help ourselves cope with behaviors we have practiced for YEARS. Time takes time. For them. For us.

(((Marle)))