Post for my Mom

Old 07-22-2008, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post for my Mom

So my mom is a wreck. My 19 year old nephew is a heroin addict. He lives with her. She does not know how to handle this situation. My sister, her daughter, his mother (all the same person) died over 3 years ago from Cancer.

I know my mom does not want to let her down. Please give advice to get through to a 19 year old that loves heroin and does not want to stop... He thinks he can recretionally use. But gets dope sick when he has no money
Old 07-22-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rehab and NA. The only way to help him is to do what works. From your signature I can tell you already know.

Can you take her to an Al-Anon meeting? This may help her to help herself.

I love the one Interventionist who says "We will no longer love you to death." That is my favorite thing that is said and I swear by it. Every time my active alcoholic father asks me for help I say this to him and myself. It is the only way I can cope because I just want to take care of him.

Someone call the Codie police!
Old 07-23-2008, 01:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sorry about your sister. Your mom needs to read the posts here. He has to want to help himself first. As Latte said you probably know about most of this. There are many people who will help and be there on these boards for her.Good work on your sobriety.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Please have your mother come to this site. I'm sure that she feels responsible for her nephew. This disease is totally out of her control. It progressively gets worse until he is ready to start recovery, there is no recreatinal use with heroine.