OT-Out of sorts today

Old 07-21-2008, 05:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face OT-Out of sorts today

Good morning all,
Today I was to be in court with the case against my son and his exagf. For the last 2 weeks I have not been sleeping or eatting correctly, nerves. On Friday I go to my lawyers to prep for today and was told that my sons lawyer had the case postponed and we found out at 10:30 Friday morning. I now have to wait until the middle of Sept. I was praying that after 3 years of this it would be over today.
Why is it the we pay for the mistakes of the addicts?
For the people who do not know my story the short version is my son and his exgf lived with me for 1 1/2 years, and we both active herion users. They did what addicts do, stole from me. I made them leave and found out what they did to me after they left. Have to sue them to get back some of the money back. I'm not proud that this is the only way to resolve it, but his lawyer will not work to resolving this without us going to court.
Today I am starting working on me again, and taking it One Minute at a time.
I will look at today as a gift and not worry about what is to come until it gets here.
Thanks for letting me express myself today, not sure why I felt I had to.
Will be praying for all of you today and hope you have the best day you can.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
rozied

Hi Pam, Its hard when our loved ones become addicts & use us then we feel bad when we have to try & rectify it. If going to court is the only way you can get some of your money back by all means do it & try not to feel too bad. If they wouldn't have stolen from you after you were good enough to let them live with you, you wouldn't have to take them to court. THEY started this ball rolling. Now they have to pay the consequences.
Try to live in the present moment & enjoy your day.
Love,
Diane
Old 07-21-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Pam, Sending some hugs. My day looks a bit gloomy too. Even though my daughter is in recovery, we all know there is so much more to it than just staying clean. Hope that you end up having a good day. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-21-2008, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Pam

It's good to see you again! It's a sad thing when we have to file charges etc against our loved ones.... and especially sad when it's our KID. However, it's also affirming to know that we are standing up for ourselves, that we are enforcing our boundaries and that we are allowing them to experience the natural consequences of their choices and actions.

Perhaps your HP (or his) has something bigger and better planned... either way, you have 2 more months until you deal with this.

Let go and let God...
One day at A Time...

and don't be a stranger. We miss you !

Cats
Old 07-21-2008, 07:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Pam,
I have a wacky way of picturing all of my worries as garbage-in a big trash
bag- and throwing that bag into a big dumpster. It works sometimes, even
for a little while, to clear my mind.
Addiction took a terrible toll on my family, I hate it. I hope youre able to
have a good day!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all, it is hard to deal with. I was looking forward to having this behind me, waited since May for this date. Made myself sick from worry.
Rozied you are so right, they started this and I was willing to end it with a written letter and promise to pay me back. they said no!!!
Marle hope your day gets better, look at the flowers outside that helps me.
Cats it is great seeing you too. I look at it as my HP's way of telling me there are things I need to work on, or my son does. He is making stronger for the day in court.
Stefanie, I like the idea of putting my troubles in a trash bag and throwing it out. I'm going to start trying that.
My insides are finally settling down. I know that by tomorrow I will be in a better mood.
Love you all
Old 07-21-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Pam. I hear you with the "out of sorts" thing. It's so hard on us when our kids behave the way they do. You have given them the chance to pay you back and now they have to face the music....Hopefully we can all get to a peaceful place and enjoy the summer, the flowers and some peaceful moments. Big hugs and smiles, Bonnie
Old 07-21-2008, 09:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Pam))))
I know it is a disappointment that this is still going on and once again you have to wait for closure. I', so sorry. But I also know you have storng recovery and you will live each moment to its fullest and turn this over to your HP. Many hugs and prayers for you as well.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Pam, sending hugs & hope a rainbow is peeking through the strom.