Tribute to those that love and have lost....

Old 07-14-2008, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tribute to those that love and have lost....

Today is the two year anniversary of the transition of one very lovely young woman into the realm of the angels. She continues to play an important role in the lives of many in recovery. I am also convinced that she touches many of us in this forum - and the ones that we love.

I am speaking of Kristen and also want to send special hugs and prayers to our beloved friend, Greeteachday. Many of our newer members are not aware of this loss - but we all know the horrible tragedies and reality of addiction.

This is a special prayer for you Greet, and all of those that grieve.........but also a rejoicing in the lives that we did share with them.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
rozied

Greeteachday you are in my thoughts & prayers.
Thank you Lightseeker for remindng us.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Prayers for our angel, Kristen, for Greet and for her family and all who loved Kristen. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-14-2008, 02:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks light

greet... you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers too.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Guys, I can prove Kristen touches our lives...I got chills reading this post. Kristen was on my mind today, I don't know why, but I thought of her and you as well, Greet. Very strange, but I swear it's true. I was remembering the picture of her jumping with her horse. My ah is in some trouble, I think she was giving me strength. She was a beautiful girl.
Bless your family, Greet, and know I'm thinking of you. You are a truly amazing woman.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so touched by this thread, thank you so much. This year has been a more difficult one; I'm not sure why, but who can tell with grief. It helps so much to know that Kristen lives in the hearts of so many and that she touches lives in a very positive way.
I know this may sound strange, but thank you for saying her name too. It's really hard when people are afraid to say my daughter's name for fear I guess that it will bring sadness. It's not unlike when a loved one is in active addiction and well meaning friends don't want to say anything. But we understand because we have been there.

I love this community and I love you all. My thoughts and prayers are with you and those who are dear to you and especially for those addicts and families still suffering.

mjpaao, I believe you are right...Kristen is helping you through this. Is this the picture you were remembering?

:ghug

Old 07-14-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Greet~~~~Big hugs. I wasn't around when your daughter passed but she surely looks like a super lady.....Life just isn't fair at times and I want you to know my heart is with you and your family.. Stay strong!! Smiles, Bonnie
Old 07-14-2008, 07:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Greet,
The pictures you have on Kristens memorial are so filled with love. She has such wonderous eyes, such a caring smile and such a loving sole. I am so saddened for your loss. But am so glad she touched so so many lives. Mikeala has a picture of Kristen she carries in her step book. I had printed the one of her with the hat on & gave it to her when she was in in paitent. She tucked it in her book. She actually had forgotten it was there for some time & was having a hard time & poof, there it was. Kristen showed up & gave her strength to work through a tough time. I hope you, Megan & hubby can hold tight to the happiness you shared.
Sending much love, Alicia
Old 07-14-2008, 07:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

greet, you honor Kristen with all that you share and I thank you both.

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Greet,
What a beautiful memorial to your daughter having so many friends here and taking the time to remember. She must have been a wonderful person and I am sorry for your loss but know this much have touched you in a special way. (((HUGS))))
Old 07-15-2008, 07:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Greet))

prayers for you as you remember and celebrate your beautiful daughter, Kristen.

HUGS,
Rita
Old 07-15-2008, 07:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Kristen's memorial is a beutiful tribute. I keep it in my favorites and go to it when I need inspiration. I'm posting the web address for anyone that wants to take a look (recommened!)

Virtual Memorials

Greet, Kristen's name will always be spoken here and remembered. We know that there isn't a day, a moment where her spirit and her memory aren't alive in you. I am speaking for each of us when I say that we will always stand there with you in your grief and your joys. And we will always speak Kristen's name. Always.

Take care of yourself - now and always. Nurture yourself the way that you nuture everyone else. Most importantly, know that you are loved.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Greet, thinking of you always!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Light-thanks for posting this
Greet-more prayers for you, Kristen is a beautiful angel
Old 07-15-2008, 09:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

What a beautiful young woman and an amazing gift! We are blessed to have her watching over us
Old 07-15-2008, 11:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

love, prayers, and thanks,
susan
Old 07-15-2008, 12:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Greet -
I am new to the Board and so didn't know your daughter, but just looked at the Memorial website - what a wonderful, vibrant beautiful young woman. I can't imagine how you must miss her. This disease is awful - a killer.

Thank you for letting me "get to know her". I know she is with the angels looking after our addicts.

Love in recovery,
Jody Hepler
Old 07-15-2008, 12:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Greet,
as always, you are in my thoughts.....

I just finished looking through Kristen's memorial and I feel truly blessed to have shared this journey with you

I remember that sad day so well....in cyberspace we grieved with you
your strength and courage has helped so many every day that followed

I always read your posts and responses and realize that this journey, as sad as it is, has brought each of us so many examples of the beauty of the human experience
thank you for being part of the beauty

Kristen remains our SR angel...thank you for sharing her
Old 07-16-2008, 01:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Greet)) ((Kristen))

Every time I see a butterfly, I think of Kristen, and I say a small prayer for you Greet. Every time I feel overwhelmed or sad or just plain tired, I think of you and your struggles and Kristens struggles and my own just don't seem to be big any more. And I feel a peace wash over me. You both have given so much to so many people, I for one, will be eternally grateful.

Love and Hugs my Friend
B
Old 07-16-2008, 06:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Greet,
I'm here late, but yes, that's the picture. I swear to you it popped into my head that day and is still with me. I have also thought of the graduation one, and I haven't seen either of those for at least a year or more. I think of my grandaughter when I see this picture, as she also loves horses, but she is only 9 and still dreaming of doing a jump like the one Kristin is doing in the picture!
Blessings to you and huge hugs, Greet, know that your daughter has made an impact to those who are here with you.