SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Saw my Daughter in Rehab (Yea) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/153690-saw-my-daughter-rehab-yea.html)

beegee 07-14-2008 09:21 AM

Saw my Daughter in Rehab (Yea)

:ghugI drove up there yesterday to see her. Gee we spent more time in meetings and talking with the people then we did seeing our kids? But finally got to see her.
I was so happy to see her I think we just hugged for 10 min. She was so shocked that I drove there alone.
I didn't get a chance to speak to her councelor but I did meet her. I think we had such a short time it seemed together it was over before it started.
She said many things to me that I have never heard her say before. This place is a real awakening to her. I think she said she saw herself as doing drugs and being irresponsible at times but having to live on the street and hearing the stories from some there scared her to death she said. I sort of get the feeling that till then she thought she was different.

Well you never know but of course I am praying she meant it and wasn't just playing me. But it made me feel good to hear she wanted to get away from the drugs totally. One can only hope she continues to feel that way on the outside. She also said she would probably go to meetings closer to us now because if anyone was there that knew her thy would be there for the same reason probably.
I was happy I went and did I want to tell everyone in the meeting about this place to get help. But we ran out of time before they got to me!:ghug

Done_With_It 07-14-2008 09:24 AM

Ahhh, That is so great to hear!!! :bday2

Jody Hepler 07-14-2008 09:33 AM

Thanks for the update - I remember so well those wonderful first hugs from a clean and sober son. I cried buckets.

I'm glad things went well - and it sounds like she is "getting it". That she isn't different.

Hopefully this is a new beginning for her - and your relationship.

Love in recovery,
Jody Hepler:Val004:

teke 07-14-2008 12:08 PM

happy to hear the good news, i'm praying that she continues on her road to recovery and that this is the start of a new begining for the both of you. keeping you both in my prayers

greeteachday 07-14-2008 12:30 PM

I'm so glad you had a good visit Beegee. It's wonderful to see your little girl again, yes? Sharing your happiness. :hug:

krhea75 07-14-2008 02:53 PM

Yeah! Thank God for the good steps in our lives.
krhea

BBD 07-14-2008 08:12 PM

Glad to hear you had a nice visit beegee~~~~~Cherish those nice moments and pray your daughter can stick with all she's learning now on the outside....Bih hugs, Bonnie

outtolunch 07-14-2008 09:48 PM

This is one of those good times. Cherish them all.

Impurrfect 07-15-2008 07:28 AM

((((BeeGee)))))

So glad you got to see her and the visit went well.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

beegee 07-15-2008 05:06 PM

Thank you Amy, I was begining to wonder where you were? Yes it went well and I thought of everything you have said in your posts. I will probably go again next Saturday if it isn't pouring here. ((HUGS)) and prayers to you also. BG

marle 07-15-2008 06:28 PM

Like the others have said, cherish those times. I am cherishing the good times that I am spending with my daughter on her weekend visits. Sometimes we just laugh at silly things. I am trying to make memories today in case addiction tries to take them away tomorrow. Hugs, Marle

Chino 07-15-2008 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by marle (Post 1836437)
I am trying to make memories today in case addiction tries to take them away tomorrow.

I must have taken about 20 pictures of my RAD tonight at dinner with my cell phone. In each one she was laughing. I didn't want posed smiles, I waited for the laughter. She was getting a little annoyed with me because I wouldn't stop. I think I've told her at least a thousand times how beautiful she is, her skin seems to glow with life now, not death.

beegee, I'm so glad you had those moments with her and hope and pray you have many, many more :)