Need Advice - Frustrated Horribly

Old 07-15-2008, 08:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Mike,

I'm glad you're getting some insight at to how your wife is feeling and what she might want or not want. And we know of the meetings she is attending.

So my question to you is are you adding meetings to your life? If not, maybe that would be a good way for you to go. I just know meetings have helped me figure out why I was doing the things I was doing and why I was feeling the way I was feeling. Just being in the room with others who are going through the same thing makes me feel so much better. And then I get to sit there and listen to the very ones who have something that I want ... peace in their life! So if you haven't tried a meeting or two, please give it consideration. We say give meetings at least 6 tries before you decide if it's for you or not.

Best wishes and hugs cause I know this is very hard,

Hangin' In
Old 07-18-2008, 01:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
IPT

Mike, I am new here, and really have about zero experience with any of this. Here I am really relating to your point of view and realizing my own control issues. I learned some stuff from this thread, and especially like the quote from kj0975. Sometimes I find it just so frustrating. I have been pondering the 1st step a lot. Seems like I have a lot to learn. I wish you luck on your journey. Sorry I can't help you navigate better, seems like we are in the same boat. In fact it must be a really long one and your upfront having seen things still coming my way. Thanks for being honest - and the responses, it helped me too.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Mike, I am really new here. This is my first post. Man, don't take it out on the dogs. Puppies are babies and need 24 hour care and training just like babies for two years. And they can cause a real uproar in your house, as you well know. Sounds like you have enough facing you without a pet problem. My suggestion, and this really hurts me to say it, is to find a good home for the puppies. Cut your losses and concentrate more on your wife, your kids and your life. Let the puppies have a good life too. On the human side, I really admire your patience with your wife. You must really love her. How lucky she is.

I am going through my own personal agony with my oldest son whose wife just left him because of his cocaine addiction. I agree that she should thrown him out and I'm on the verge of kicking him to the curb too. One more "slip" and I've had it. Even two months at Betty Ford didn't do the trick. He just wants to use. You're really hanging in there and my heart goes out to you. Good luck to you big fella.

There is no way to happiness . . . happiness is the way.