horrible day

Old 07-15-2008, 08:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alaia View Post
So I got a message from a family friend saying abf mother wants to get ahold of me. I knew it was going to come sooner or later. What she is going to hear from me is going to break her heart. I can't lie to her, like he has asked me to do.
Good for you! His asking you to lie for him is just another manipulation on his part to keep him from facing the consequences of his actions (stealing!). I'm sure his mother is tired of all the lies too. So I would tell her the truth, and if help is offered, I would accept it with gratitude.

Wow, I would like to acknowledge that you story brings up a little anger for me at how unfairly you have been treated. Hmmm, time to look inside again on my end..
Old 07-15-2008, 09:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Protect yourself from this honey...you will know in time if he is going to do the right thing but in the meantime don't give him any chances to steal from you again. Like others have said..look at his actions and don't believe his words. Addicts learn to manipulate and can even get clean when their backs are against the wall....until they suck you in again. Its hard to accept that you can't help him, hang in there.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Alaia, have you checked into Celebrate Recovery? Maybe check out your local churches. One of them might participate in Celebrate Recovery. It is the same thing as AA or NA, it's just Christian based. My husband is addicted to pain pills. He has his own group and I have my own group, Loved ones of Chemically Dependant.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The nightmare continues...he stole checks from his parents as well. He was also fired from his job for stealing...not laid off as we all thought. He had the balls to go there early Mon morning and steal some copper to sell so he could get high, right before he went into detox. I went to his parents house last night to talk to them. Come to find out they kicked him out Sunday night, the night he called me and asked me if he could come over and talk to me about all of this. He came over cause he had no place to go. He even asked if I wanted him to stay over and I told him no, that I didn't trust him in my house. I am learning slowly that I really can't trust anything he says, it was a hard lesson to learn. Now the cops are def going to arrest him. His old job is going to press charges. He called me last night and I pretty much told him I didn't want him to call me anymore. I can't help him. He was begging for my support, but I told him that he made his bed and now he has to lie in it. I figured he wouldn't call me again, but he did this morning, wanting me to bring him some smokes, but I said no, and that maybe it was time for him to quit that too. His family won't let him back in the house and he's not welcome at mine. Maybe this time he will finally decide its not worth it.

He said the detox is helping him get into a 30 day program but he needs more than that. hopefully he will keep looking or call the salvation army.

He has ruined his own life, his families, his sons and mine. I need to walk away and leave this all behind me. At least I can finally see the light @ the end of the tunnel.