Old 07-08-2008, 03:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - July 8 - Going with the Flow

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Going with the Flow

Go with the flow.

Let go of fear and your need to control. Relinquish anxiety. Let it slip away, as you dive into the river of the present moment, the river of your life, your place in the universe.

Stop trying to force the direction. Try not to swim against the current, unless it is necessary for your survival. If you've been clinging to a branch at the riverside, let go.

Let yourself move forward. Let yourself be moved forward.

Avoid the rapids when possible. If you can't, stay relaxed. Staying relaxed can take your safely through fierce currents. If you go under for a moment, allow yourself to surface naturally. You will.

Appreciate the beauty of the scenery, as it is. See things with freshness, with newness. You shall never pass by today's scenery again!

Don't think too hard about things. The flow is meant to be experienced. Within it, care for yourself. You are part of the flow, an important part. Work with the flow. Work within the flow. Thrashing about isn't necessary. Let the flow help you care for yourself. Let it help you set boundaries, make decisions, and get you where you need to be when it is time. You can trust the flow, and your part in it.

Today, I will go with the flow.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I really needed to read this message this morning. There have been so many horrible things happening to me lately that have been beyond my control. An arson set the place I work on fire.....so no job. My vehicle broke down right after....so no ride. It's been one heck of a month for me and I've been stressed to the max. Maybe I'll take today and let it all go.........if just for today. My nerves need a break.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

This is a great reading Ann. I like to think of my recovery as flowing like water...always moving, always fluid... carrying me along the twists and turns that are my life. In the beginning, my recovery was more like fire. It burned bright and hot, but needed constant attention or it would fizzle and burn out.

Thanks for the reminder to go with with flow today.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This was good for me to read today. I feel like I am tied in knots trying to out think things, prepare for what hasn't even happened, get over what has.
I can feel myself flowing down the river with the current here, I just need to let go!
Beautiful reminder..Thank you