hi

Old 07-07-2008, 09:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hi

just wanted to check in and let you all know that i just got back on line and how much i have missed you all. i'm still praying for all of you and your love ones. the kids and i are doing ok. still not able to use some of my fingers as well as i would like but overall, i'm doing just fine. ah has been out the home for quite some time now and along with him went all the drama and the stess. thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

i do stop by to do some reading when i can but typing is still kind of hard. physical & occupational therapy has helped and i'm still being evaluated by surgeons. i'm feeling much better these days mentally and emotionally. my daughter gave me a cruise last month to key west and mexico and i had a beautiful time. it was an experience that i thought i could only dream of. well i guess i need to rest my hands now so hopefully i will talk to yall soon. love you all.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Oh ((((((((((Teke))))))))))

It is so good to hear from you. I am glad that you again have internet access.

Wow that was great of your daughter and it sounds like you really enjoyed it!!!! Good!! You deserved it!!!!!!

Hope your hands continue to improve and hope the surgeons can give you more relief.

Please don't be a stranger.

Just a HI will do. You have been sorely missed.

Thank you so much for checking in. Doesn't mean the prayers from NM will stop, but does give me relief to hear from you.

Lots of love and bunches of hugs,
Old 07-08-2008, 12:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks laurie, glad to be back on line, at least i can say hi from time to time. i was doing some reading and remember my last update was about me having corpal tunnel but they found that the problem with my fingers is caused by the mutiple heriated disk in my neck. they said that because of limited flow of blood to a couple of my left fingers, i've loss some muscle mass, unable to move a couple of them and stiffness in the rest. i'm learning to adjust though and thats a good thing, even though i'm still believing that it'll get better soon
Old 07-08-2008, 04:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Teke, You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I remembered you saying that you had trouble getting online and I was hoping that someday you would be able to join us again. Like Laurie said, if all you can manage is a hi that will be enough for us to know that you are with us in spirit. Things have changed for me. I now have a daughter who is in early recovery. Whole other set of issues But I keep plugging along. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-08-2008, 05:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Teke,
I'm so glad to see you again. Missed your post.
That was so sweet of your daughter to give you the cruise, glad you enjoyed it. I'll keep saying prayers for your recovery with your discs and your hand.
Take care of yourself, and do what they tell you to for your hands.
Hugs coming to you
Old 07-08-2008, 06:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Hey teke!! Great to hear from you! Glad things are going better for you and your kids. It is amazing how much things settle down when the constant drama is gone, isn't it? Keep on taking care of you!! Love you!!
Old 07-08-2008, 07:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Teke,

When I was going thru my hand surgeries I was able to do almost everything on the computer via the speech recognition software that's built in to Windows and many other products - Word, Excel, Outlook etc. It cost me $20 for a microphone and thats it. In Windows XP you can find it by going to Control Panel and then Speech. In Microsoft Word etc you can find it by going to Tools (at the top of the page) and then Speech.

Just a thought, and a selfish one at that. If you can make that work for you, then you'll be around here more! I miss hearing from you.

Hugs
Cats
Old 07-08-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

WOW TEKE!!! You've made my day. I can't tell you how much I think about you, send you good wishes and prayers, and miss you! I just knew in my heart that you were doing okay and I'm so glad to hear it from you that you are! As a physical therapist I know what you've been going through. It's a long slow road, isn't it? Glad that got down to the bottom of it though. I love Cat's idea - let us know if you need any help getting it or getting it up and running. Even a quick hi is great for our souls here. You have been a huge source of inspriation, hope, experience, and strength on our forum. For those of you that don't know Teke yet, you are meeting one heck of a woman. Read through her posts if you ever get a chance.

Things have been topsy turvy for me since you last posted. RAH and myself remain sober - which is the most important thing. We've been in the middle of a complete home rennovation and RAH's self will/addict-y thinking ran riot. In May, he finally snapped and attacked me in front of my sons. The boys and I moved out that morning and are now in an apartment (which I should have been in anyway due to the rennovation). It gave him a huge wake up call - he got in with a psychiatrist that specializes in dual diagnosis. I think the gest of his irritability/impulsivity/etc is related to the bi-polar that got diagnosed. He was on some ADD and antidepressant meds that poured gasoline on his undiagnosed bi-polar and he was a ticking time bomb. I guess that I am grateful that nothing else even worse occurred. Anyway, he is in the process of getting the right blend of meds to manage all of this. I've seen a decided difference. I've given myself a lot of space to figure out what to do next - he's doing a lot better, the boys are doing well and I am open to reconciliation. If his mood disorder can be managed I'm willing to give it a shot. I am a different person from this whole experience and am grateful for the rooms of recovery. I just had ankle reconstruction surgery last week and am recovering from that. I've become very acquainted with my couch and my foot being elevated. I have another week of non-weight bearing. Enough about me tho!

Glad to see you and glad that you are back on-line. Looking forward to catching up more. I am thrilled that you got to go on a cruise. I bet you were loving that!

Lots of love!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

welcome back Teke

glad to hear the drama in your life has gotten better.
we miss you around here
Old 07-08-2008, 03:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad your back you've really been missed. Glad things are getting better for you.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Ah Teke,
So glad you're back, I've missed you!

Hugs and hugs and hugs....
Old 07-08-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
cmc

teke!!!
It's great to hear from you, and I'm so glad to hear things are peaceful at home.
You've been missed!
Old 07-08-2008, 06:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks to all of you, glad to be able to pop in from time to time, so glad you guys are still here. this is my home even when i'm not here, i'm here.

cats,
i did check out the voice thingy, but i have to get a mic. on top of all else, don't have transportation right now, have to wait til one of the kids come around. hopefully i'll be able to get one soon.

light,
thank you too, but if it had not been for all of you and my hp, i just don't know how i could even be here today. you guys have been a life line for me and you've walked me through so much. still so grateful to all of you for your encouragement and prayers.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Teke!!!!! I wish you could see the smile on my face. I am so happy to hear from you & to know your doing ok. Missed you. (((hugs)))
Old 07-08-2008, 09:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Teke!!!!!!!

Missed you, girl! I'm glad the therapy is helping some (and glad AH has been out of the house, taking his drama and his junk with him)
So good to "hear" your voice

GL
Old 07-09-2008, 09:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((((Teke)))))) What a wonderful surprise! I'm so glad things are moving in a positive direction. You and yours have remained in my thoughts and prayers too.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

whoopie, i am so happy to hear from you. glad u stopped by. it is always good to hear from old friends. i am happy to know u are ok & you are getting better. i have thought about you & said a prayer for you many times. post when you can. i have missed you.hugs & prayers,
Old 07-10-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Teke! It's so great to hear from you. Glad things are peaceful in your life now. What a wonderful daughter to give her mama such a sweet gift like a cruise. Glad you enjoyed yourself!
(((HUGS)))
Old 07-10-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome home, Teke, it's good to hear from you and I am glad your life is going better. Hope your hands heal soon, then there will be no holding you back

Big Homecoming Hugs
Old 07-13-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Hey Teke,

So good to see you. You take care and hope you'll be back to 100% real soon.

Hugs and prayers,
Hangin' In