There were No Fireworks

Old 07-07-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry There were No Fireworks

Well, I caved and ended up trying to bring in the 4th with my significant c-head. We ended up at a get together at his cousin's house...it was all his family members pretty much gathered together to bring in his cousin's b'day as well as the 4th. It started out ok...but as the alcohol started to work its way in his system...the one track mind had started..he wanted to go "see fireworks" which would have been fine, if the location wasn't where his dealer was posted up. So after my procrastinating, and stalling it eventually got too late to see the fireworks. But little did I know, he was in the bathroom getting into his cousin's pain medication. Now mind you, his cousin was recently diagnosed with Lupus, so he is on all sorts of stuff. Stuff that I never heard of...so he took it upon his self to snort 4 of these random pain pills, which he had no clue what they were. I was outside enjoying my when his cousin's wife came out to have me check on him. He was passed out cold in the chair, and she didn't think he was breathing. It took me 3 slaps to the face, and a cold drink to get him to budge.......He started flailling around in his drunken/pill indused sleep, so I assumed he would be alright. Which he was...but I am expecting the worse to happen, because he has no regard for anything anymore, I think he just wants the lights to go out.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry this had to happen, but as long as he continues to use, it's just going to get worse.

I hope you can focus on you, so you won't be dragged down further into his chaos.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-07-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Amy is right about the situation and the need to take care of yourself. There is nothing that you can do to change what he is going to do...the only thing that you can do is take care of yourself and develop the boundaries that allow that to happen. It sounds like your S.O. is not in a place that allows him to be available for a relationship. As a doctor once told me....although it's horrible to watch a train wreck it's still a whole lot better than being in one. It just depends on how much you want to expose yourself to the situation. You can't stop the process of whatever it is that is occurring with him.

Hope that you can find some peace and that the direction that you need to take to care for yourself will become clear in time.

Hugs