Double Trouble Life is Good

Old 07-04-2008, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Double Trouble Life is Good

My two little grandbabies. Well, lets just say, they have rocked everyone's world, but I think they have rocked mine the most.

I see possibilities and hope, every time I look into their eyes. I remember to cherish this day because no one knows what will happen in the future.

The weight of the world is off of my shoulders and squarly on a higher power than I.

I look at those two little persons, and I wonder, will they grow up in this world of drugs and go down that path? Will they make the right choices? Will they become Co-Dependent? What could I ever do to prevent them from being exposed to the sometimes cruel world that we live in. I catch myself now, at their ripe old ages of one and three months, projecting into the future, and how to shield them from those choices. And I know, that I can't.

It's a very powerless feeling. Not being able to control their futures. Then it occured to me, I have today and only today, and that is really all that matters. What tomorrow will bring, or 18 years from now, has not been written yet, I have today to love and treasure. We all have food on our plates, a roof over our heads, love and hope, if I never have anything else, it is enough.

I have lots of problems, drama and stress going on in my life right now, and none of it really matters. I have today.

Life is good.

B
Old 07-05-2008, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Two babies (((Frankly)))!!!
I am amazed you have the strength to type!

Its nice to see you...and may your HP continue to bless your family.
(((Hugs)))
Old 07-05-2008, 05:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((((Frankly))))))
good to see you! Your little angels are soooooo precious! Almost like having twins in the house, eh? I hope your daughter and son and dil are all doing fine as well.

Sometimes I find myself wondering if I am facing things when I pull myself back to today each time my thoughts start to move to something in the future. But I think I have found the balance. The things about tomorrow that I simply can not control...the things that keep me up at night if I let them, or that just result in worry and stress, are the things I need to let go of and bring myself back to today. The other things, well, if there is a little something I can do that is a step towards making tomorrow a better day, then I get it done and then bring myself back to today. I'm finding it a much more peaceful and healthy way to live.

Many hugs dear friend.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank You Greet, I needed to hear that. I'm trying to find that balance, but I keep catching myself, when I get real tired, it's like someone hit a reset button in my head, and I find myself smack in my old habits. I actually have to stop what ever it is I'm doing and force myself to let go. LOL

CeCe
I had someone ask me last night, how much older was I than Jerry,
Jerry is actually 11 years older than me and is a very sick man, makes me wonder what I look like to others, not that I should care.

I need a makeover, or at least a pamper day, I need bubbles, lots of bubbles!

B
Old 07-05-2008, 08:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

Beautiful post this morning!
I remember the baby but didn't remember twins so I was out of that loop!
Wow!
It is annoying that men handle stress on their outward physical appearance way better then we do. I know when I am over the edge with stress and I look in the mirror I have to stop myself from screaming!

you have a wonderfully positive attitude and this post is reminding me not to forgot the beauty of the "little" gifts I am given every day if i just choose to look at them instead of the negative.

When you wrote, "I wonder, will they grow up in this world of drugs and go down that path? Will they make the right choices? Will they become Co-Dependent?" It had me thinking. When my son was born I looked at him and wondered what type of wonderful person would he grow up to be? Drugs were so far out of my picture. I saw nothing but good things ahead. Which is how it should be.
But I am sure when it's time for me to have grand babies sometimes I will look at them through different eyes. I don't think we can help it when we have seen so many sad possibilities come out of such wonderful hopes.
Then we do what we do and just love em up!
thanks for sharing the little ones!
Cathy
Old 07-05-2008, 08:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cece#2 (-: They look like twins, but they are two months apart. One is my son's and his fiancee, the other is my daughters. They are all currently living with me, Jerry and our two chihuahuas, plus Jerry's sister dropped off her pug for 6 weeks while she went to Florida!

I went from being sad over an empty nest, to an overflowing house. LOL Be careful what you wish for!
Old 07-05-2008, 02:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How cute, how adorable, how exciting! but yes, how exhausting; so don't just think about the makeover; go out monday and get you one!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I need a makeover, or at least a pamper day, I need bubbles, lots of bubbles!
You are a very handy woman so I know if it isn't already there, you know how to install a lock on the bathroom door. A bottle of bubble bath and a locked door is a very inexpensive way to pamper Frankly...Go for it!! You soooooo deserve it!!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Frankly, I truly believe that you are one of God's special angels, and those precious babies are so blessed to have you in their lives.

And...I know I can't see you but I will swear on a bible that you are one of the most beauitiful people I have ever known. A pox on anyone who says otherwise.

Alas, "tomorrow", that day that used to bring fear of steel to my heart. A gift of recovery has been the lesson that tomorrow is a mysterious gift to each one of us and that whatever it brings, we will survive and we will find some beauty in the day.

Please give those sweet babies a great big squishy hug from their Auntie Ann from the great white north.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You made me laugh this morning Greet, if you could see the "bathroom project" that I have been avoiding downstairs, you would be horrified. You don't need a lock on that door, you do need a good strong shoulder to get it open though. LOL Ahhhh the joys of a hundred year old house.

Ann, thank you. Squishy hugs abound. Both girls have this crooked little smile that just lights up their eyes. I get lost in those smiles, and no matter what else is going on, I feel like the one that has been given all the blessings in the world.

Hugs
B