wondering

Old 07-01-2008, 06:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

wondering

Just wondering if anyone out there can direct me to a support group, just like this one for grandparents raising their grandkids? I have checked the web and can find nothing where you can "talk" to other grandmas. Any info would be wonderful.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Hi, Painter. I don't know of a forum specifically for that purpose, but I do know that there are several grandparents here raising their grandchildren. Some of them will probably be along soon. I've found that there is support for many different situations right here. Good luck! (((HUGS)))
Old 07-01-2008, 06:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I just googled the phrase "grandparents raising grandchildren support" and got several hits.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know about such resources, but sometimes people here start a thread on a particular topic and keep posting to it. There was one for people with loved ones in prison, for example. It is a place where there can just be a back and forth dialog and you can talk about anything. I know there are a few grapndparents here raising their grandkids (God bless you!)
The other option is forming a social group here too. I don't know much about that but if you are interested, we can hook you up with the moderators in that part to help you out.