Prayer request for my surgery on Monday

Old 06-27-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Prayer request for my surgery on Monday

I am going in for surgery on Monday morning. I have to have an ankle reconstruction and would appreciate your prayers and good thoughts. I will be off my feet for two weeks and then out of work for two months. So, obviously God realized that I needed a rest of sorts.

My original injury occurred two years ago. I was walking fast and wasn't looking where I was going - fell flat on my face. The injury to my ankle was a whole lot worse than anyone realized at the time and has never healed correctly - it will continue to deteriorate without the surgery. So, it's a good thing to get fixed.

Ironic how it is the literal example of my experiences with SAH (sober addicted husband). I wasn't looking where I was going when I got involved with him.... and I fell flat on my face. The injury to my soul has been a whole lot worse than I realized at the time and it has never healed correctly. So, it's a good thing to get fixed.

God doing for me what I haven't been able to do for myself. Anyway, I'm kind or nervous about the whole thing and would appreciate anyprayers - thanks!
Old 06-27-2008, 03:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

your gottem!!!!!

good luck and prayers
Old 06-27-2008, 04:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Lightseeker)))

Sending you big hugs and prayers!

Heck, if I got to have 2 months off of work, I would be saying "all right...I can stay on SR ALL the time"....okay, so I'm addicted to SR

Will you be having physical therapy at some point? I wasn't sure about ankle surgery..I just know my stepmom had it after knee replacement and it would have helped a lot more if she had actually done the exercises.

Take care of you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-27-2008, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Special prayers going out for a successful surgery and comfortable healing.

Hey! 2 months off...July and August...how fun is that! Get yourself to a nice pool and read all those books you`ve been wanting to get to.

Oh yeah, one more thing, you get to be waited on and spoiled rotten while you are recovering. It`s in the Codie Manual, Chapter 5, section 6.

Hugs
Old 06-27-2008, 04:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Prayers for you, Lightseeker! Hugs, too
Old 06-27-2008, 04:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Prayers coming your way LS! Hugs to you.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all goes well.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well I sure wish you no pain and fast healing with your surgery. And I sure hoe your food in the hospital is better then mine was! However, I did drop 8 pounds so that was good. Try not to worry I was so scared and I think all the prayers went to me for mine I had no pain. So now you should get all the prayers for your foot and your heart.:ghug2
Old 06-27-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Red face Ankle Surgery...

My daughter was born with one foot turned in and I was told by three different doctors that there was nothing that could be done for her. Funny, that now that she is 31 years old there was something they could do for it.

A doctor saw her walking down a sidewalk somewhere in Oregon and told her he could fix it....she didn't have insurance that would cover it then.

But she got married and has insurance that covered it and she had it done in April of this year...it is amazing to see her foot straight and not pointed in like she had her foot on almost backwards.

Good luck to you. She had to do about the same as you and liked having a good reason not to do housework...which she doesn't do anyway...her choice..not mine.

Enjoy your time off work...she didn't have much pain but did have pain pills to take if needed. She mostly used Ibuprophen...is a diabetic on top of it so her docs were watching the healing process closely...her surgeon and her doc for her diabetes.

I will say a prayer for you too.....

kelsh
Old 06-27-2008, 05:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lots of prayers and hugs to you! I hope that your soul and your ankle take full advantage of your 2 months! Sounds like the perfect opportunity for some physical therapy on both!
Old 06-27-2008, 05:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hugs and prayers for a quick and speedy recovery.....so you can have the rest of the time to rest and take care of you.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sending prayers out for you lightseeker.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
To Life!

My thoughts and prayers for your complete refuah shleyma --
the renual of body and spirit. :praying

Shalom!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sending prayers. I hope you get to start a new hobby while your off your feet too. The posabilaties are endless! Don't be afraid to catch a tan while you have you boot on, you can even it out later w/a tan in a bottle~!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((((lightseeker))))
:praying
for your successful surgery and good strong healing!!
Peace,
B.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're always in my thoughts and prayers but I will add some more healing thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. I do hope this gives you time to search out all different sources of peace. Lounging by the pool sounds like a good start Hugs.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

lightseeker, of course I will keep you in my Prayers for a successful surgery and a quick and painless as possible recovery.

You said you had to be off your feet for 2 weeks? Hope you are still able to post at this time. Letus kno asap how your surgery went.

God Bless,
Judy

Old 06-27-2008, 08:09 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

lightseeker,
Prayers for your surgery and quick recovery!
I hope you can enjoy some of those 2 months off!

Hugs,
Old 06-27-2008, 09:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

LS......... Sending prayers and vibes your way!!!!! Will be thinking of you on Monday..... hope you have a fabulous weekend and enjoy your 2 months off...... just don't go and have to get surgery next time you in order to give yourself some time off....... mmmmmmmmmmmm k ?!

Do you have some tunes you can listen to that will calm you before you go in? Maybe take your own pillow?

(((((((HUGS)))))))
Old 06-28-2008, 12:03 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

May your surgery goes as well as mine did on Thursday. I had 4 tears in my right knee and its hurts a lot worse than the left one that only had one tear, but I am using the walker and slowly getting around.

Good thoughts and praryer winging their way to you fom NM.

Love and hugs,