Home from rehab this weekend!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2008, 09:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things went well. Oh how I remember that feeling of...so just what meeting are you going to? So how was your meeting? So are you going to another meeting tomorrow? The codie perfectionist in me wanted to make sure there was that perfect 90 in 90. Good for you, finding a way to talk yourself out of that stuff!

One wonderful benefit I found with a sponsor, was it was easier for me to let it go. Just like in my own recovery I could trust in a higher power, for my addicted loved one, the sponsor was someone that I could turn all the recovery worries over to (in my head; I didn't say, okay sponsor,,,here's all the garabge to deal with, lol) ...Not my problem and thank heavens for a sponsor to talk with and share.

Hope tomorrow is another wonderful day! Hugs
Old 07-01-2008, 03:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So glad you are home and he's already got a sponsor! When I went to meetings, I did AA, too, and spent a lot of time at the alano club.

As far as trying not to hover over him, asking him about his meetings, you will have to practice that, just like he is going to have to practice learning new ways of dealing with stuff. If you keep the lines of communication open, you'll be okay. I don't think there's anything wrong with saying "we're both learning new ways of dealing with stuff, so if we start driving each other crazy, how about we discuss it before we blow up?" I know, for me, if I don't tell someone that what they're doing is aggrevating me, I get madder and madder, and they don't even have a clue why until I blow up. I'm still working on that...progress, not perfection

BTW...I saw a car the other night, with license plate "ABNDCE" and thought of you! Don't know if it stands for abundance, but it reminded me to send more hugs and prayers your way!

Amy
Old 07-01-2008, 06:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey there! I'm glad ya'll made it home safely and happily. It sounds like things are going pretty good. I've noticed, for me, I think I'm in one spot in MY recovery and then when something happens, I find out that I'm not as rooted as I thought I was.

I'm glad he's going to meetings. Although I was warned that recovery is often more selfish than addiction and that the meetings were going to take up so much of AH's time and attention, I hate to admit, I got mad one night and said "What? Another meeting? How about staying home and helping Me out with the kids!". I wished, at that moment, for the ground to open up and swallow me whole! What an idiot.

Anyway, continue to be supportive and try to trust him has much as you used to so that he won't throw his hands up in the air. Keep on "trucking" girl!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you, my sweet thing. You have come so far! I love hearing that you are focused on you, such as doing your hot yoga, and going to meetings. I am glad to hear you have plans in the works in case a relapse does happen, that is quite smart and likely gives both you and your guy some reassurance that you DO have a support system in place. Please make plans with your girlfriends and keep having your social life, it is healthy for you and your relationship. Thinking of you...often, my dear friend!
Best Wishes, my love~