I am always confused with this one...

Old 06-25-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am always confused with this one...

I once used a number of substances for, oh maybe 8 years or so and just stopped... I went though the withdrawals on my own, did everything on my own. No one knows, not my friends or my family... now I have a new addiction, my boyfriend, who has been clean off of heroin, but still has no job... he smoked pot tonight after being clean for a little while and I flipped out... I will not tolerate anything... But who am I to call the kettle black. I feel so lost. I have a job, and I am doing the right thing.... I told him to go to meetings because he still after a year has no job, and does NOTHING... he told me that I think I am so perfect and maybe I should go to a meeting... nice way to turn it around on me... but who am I to say anything?
Old 06-25-2008, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Let It Begin With ME

Quack Quack Quack!!! Sooo Frickin typical! Who are you to say anything...... You are clean. AND you decide what you will or will not tolerate, you have that right. I'm sure we have all used some type of drug before, but that doesn't mean we now have no right to decide what we want and don't want in our lives. Don't listen to his quacking!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Him, bringing up your past, is just a way to deflect the focus on him.

Why do you have a reason to talk? Look at the PRESENT...you aren't abusing anything, you're working, and paying bills.

My dad used to throw my past in my face. I finally told him "you're right...I did some really stupid things, but I'm not doing that now."

Put the focus back on you...is this relationship what you want? Sounds, to me, like he has no intention of doing anything different. It's easy to get into a tug of war as to who did the most worst things. I just bring it back to the present....this is what's going on now, and I'm not happy with it. It gets me back to focusing on what I CAN change (me and my attitude) and what I CAN'T (another person's life).

Hugs and prayers!

Amy