Nice weekend

Old 06-22-2008, 06:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nice weekend

My daughter got a pass to come home this weekend. She has been following all the house rules, clean on her drug tests, doing her hours of volunteer work and making all her meetings. It was nice to have her home but a little exhausting. She has been so even keeled since going on the suboxone. I know that it is not a miracle drug but it has made a big difference for her. I read somewhere that suboxone has been shown to reduce depression for some and since I believe my daughter was self-medicating, it is helping her to balance her brain chemistry. I know that there are no guarantees, but I really do believe that she wants recovery. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-22-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My daughter said Opium was the best antidpressant she ever tried. So I know she was self medicating,

She does well on hte suboxone.

I am glad your girl is doing well and you get to see the person you know.

:praying
Old 06-22-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

thats great news marle. Glad she is doing well in the halfway house , hopefully making new sober friends to spend her time with. When i got clean it wasn't with subs but a lot of people i know(in life and here on the boards) have nothing but great things to say about it, also that its very easy to stop taking when their doctor decided it was time for them to be off it.

You're right, there are no guarantees but you should believe that she really wants this recovery because she is SHOWING you she wants it by taking all the necessary steps to live a happy sober life. Hope things continue on this road, be safe marle ~~~
Old 06-22-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Marle, I am so happy she is still doing awesome. Been holding her in my thoughts & prayers. I'm glad you both had a nice weekend,
Old 06-22-2008, 07:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Blessings for continued recovery!!
Old 06-22-2008, 07:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

thank you Marle, wonderful news...I am delighted that things continue
to go well...what a blessing!
hugs, grateful
Old 06-22-2008, 08:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds really good hope she sticks with it. I;m so happy for you your husband an her.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

As its been said, actions speak louder than words, and your daughter's actions are showing that she wants recovery.

Sending hugs and prayers for you and her daughter.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Marle)))
You transcend hope...

She is recovering in leaps and bounds!

I am so happy for you, and her...
Old 06-22-2008, 08:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Great to hear the content of your posts these days.
Wishing your family all the best in recovery.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Marle,

I'm so happy you had a great weekend! My son is also on suboxone, and is doing well with it. It's been about 3 months now, and combined with groups and a counselor, he is really feeling like he can stay sober. He said tonight he can't believe he hasn't even smoked pot in 3 months, the longest he's ever gone without, and is feeling stronger and more positive each day he has under his belt. I had my doubts about it, you may recall, but decided it wasn't MY program, it was his, and it does seem to be working for him. I pray that your daughter finds the calm and peace in her journey that my son is finding. I truly believe his life is being saved by the course he has chosen in recovery.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Marle -

I am excited and happy that your daughter is doing so well. Part of my RAH's deal was self-medication. I can feel the peace and happiness in your post. Rest up from your weekend!

I love hearing about the progress!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Marle,
I am happy you are happy and feeling so good about your daughter and her doing so well. And also for the others here on the same treatment. Good things make for good feelings. Prayers to you and family and continued success!
Old 06-23-2008, 02:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((Marle)))

Thanks for the great update. I know you don't want to get your hopes up, but you know that actions speak louder than words, and her actions say recovery to me

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-23-2008, 03:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Marle,

I am happy for your daughter and for you.
Just enjoy this, one day at a time.

Hugs,
Old 06-23-2008, 05:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Marle,
I am glad things are going well for all of you right now. Sounds like your daughter wants recovery and is working it. Praying that she continues and things work out for all of you.
It is nice to hear happiness in your posts.
Hugs to you
Old 06-23-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Marle,
I am happy to hear the news that Megan is doing so well. When my daughter was on suboxone she did well on it also. She didn't have any troulble getting off of it either.

She is on a very low dose of methodone right now and I'd rather it were suboxone. She ended up on that because she was withdrawing from vicodin that she was on for a broken tailbone injury. At the time she couldn't get an immediate app. with a sub doc.
She did the only thing she could under the circumstances because she couldn't handle the withdraw. She said she didn't want to do anything illegal so she packed herself off to a methodone clinic. She is actually doing very well though. Still working two jobs. Keeping up with her financial responsiblities. She is actually quite nice to be around.
Still in therapy.

It sure does us good to see how good they are doing.

Hugs to you and Megan.................Lo
Old 06-23-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I'm so happy for you and your family for getting back to a normal life. (feels great dosen't it, my son is 6 months clean in few days)
Old 06-23-2008, 08:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm very happy you enjoyed a weekend together! The past is in the past and who knows about the future, but the beauty of right now sure does fill a mom's heart with joy
Old 06-23-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
BBD

Thats wonderful news Marle~~~It must have been nice to have your daughter home and acting like her old self. Miracles do happen!!! Smiles, Bonnie