My Friend...

Old 06-14-2008, 03:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Friend...

Hi Everyone,

Well from my previous posts, from somethime back I have mentioned my man friend....friend and a man, we have been freinds for over 25 years, he lives in another city but only an hour away...but he knows me like that back of his hand. We are kind of like Sex in the City or Friends sit coms.

Well I bought this little house....only 2 beds and getting a trailor for my oldes to stay in the driveway...Well my friend calls me tonight and he has found a trailor for the 2 boys to live in...he said I know how to pipe in the water and sewer and the trailor gives them both lots of room.....you can have the house to yourself....the boys will be there but on their own....you my dear can have the place to yourself!

I never told him once how I would love to have the place to myself,, he knew, but I think he knew to that the boys need a place of their own....but I thing he knew we all still need to be close.

This man has never had any children, a friend in the background that is making it work for all of us.....I get mad at him sometimes, I think sometimes he is selfish, then I think well he has never had any kids so that is why...

I think I had better think!

He has never once let me down, but he makes me think for myself and when I have done my thinking and made my plan....he makes it better....

I think he loves us....what do you think?

Rose
Old 06-14-2008, 03:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

It sounds like he really does care for you and the boys... and lets himself see where you would be happy. I think thats great Rose.... to me I say enjoy the moment, dont over analyze everything and just basically have fun! You deserve it Rose.

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 06-14-2008, 03:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think he loves you, Rose. That kind of love can be friendship or it can be romantic, but whatever it is, it sure makes life more beautiful.

Hugs
Old 06-14-2008, 06:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like your HP has sent an angel to help make Rose's life even Rosier. Indeed a blessing.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
rozied

Dear Rose, I was very happy to see you happy. This " friend " sure sounds like he loves you & the boys. Take it one day at a time, you never know where life is going to lead you. Enjoy these good times, you sure have had enough of the bad.
Diane
Old 06-14-2008, 06:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BBD

Yeah~~I kinda think its love when he's finishing something for you that you started. Kinda sweet~~~don't you think. And also~~I think people that don't have kids sometimes just act a little slfish (or we think they do))) just because of that reason. They DIDN"T have kids. Sounds like a nice relationship to me and your lucky...so enjoy!!
Old 06-14-2008, 07:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Rose..he sounds so sweet, truly nice, caring, and understanding!
To me actions speak louder than words, and he has good actions!

To ME, he sounds like a keeper!

When I use to work, the young girls would wonder if the guy they were dating was the right one for them, and since I was a tad older, they asked me how do you know?

I always said make a list of what you're looking for and don't settle for less.

You're worth a whole lot Rose.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Professional Hanger On'er

Isn't it funny, that as we age, our relationships and what we need from them change as well? It is nice he has recognized your needs and you have an awareness of the importance of his presence in your life! Nice of you to share with us!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Rose,
He sounds like a real sweatheart. I agree he loves you and the boys. You never know what can happen next.
Good luck
Old 06-14-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think he sounds sweet too. And, speaking as someone who doesn't have kids, who has dated men with children, I know there is a fine line too - don't want to step over that line and try to "parent" when the kid(s) already have a parent(s). Sometimes they think they want some help, but when it actually happens... I learned to support my friends in being the best parents they can be, but to step back from trying to "do".

Friendships are precious, especially one that it sounds like you have with this person! I think you sound very fortunate to have him in your life!
Old 06-14-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

He has been married, both my ex and I stood up for him when he got married. After his marriage broke up his dad passed away just months after, he moved to this other city where his dad had property and built a home there, but we including my husband still kept in contact and we would go to his place for a couple of weekends a year plus phone contact. I guess what I didn't see was and he never said anything, but like I posted before, the friendships with the marriage changed for him to, so he made a knew life for himself in a different place....started over. But our friendship never stopped,

When this all went down with my husband he would force me to come to his place for a weekend to get me away, I could just lay on his dock in the sun and then he would get me in his boat and he would just cruise the shore looking at the scenery , he would make dinner and put a movie on, if I fell asleep when I woke up he had me covered up with a blanket and a pillow under my head.

After much time, he did bring up the subject of a relationship...I said no, I was to afraid if the relationship went sour, we would loose the friendship to.
He felt the same to.

But I do have to say he started to date and I got my nickers in a knot! Then I was dating and his got nicker's knotted to, we both didn't have much sympathy for each other when both of our dating partners ended.

I think we are having a relationship, but we are both in denial.

What do you think.

Rose
Old 06-14-2008, 11:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Rosie, I think you should just take it a day at a time and see where things go. Sounds to me like things will work out. Sometimes trying to analyze to much just gets in the way. Enjoy what you have today and see if it turns into years.....Good luck and stay happy!! Smiles, Bonnie
Old 06-14-2008, 01:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Originally Posted by rose View Post
if I fell asleep when I woke up he had me covered up with a blanket and a pillow under my head.
Rose
This says it all for me...a sign of a compassionate fella who looks like he has a big heart, and cares for you, deeply.

If he makes you happy, and you make him happy.....well there's the answer.