Should I File A Missing Person's Report?

Old 09-23-2008, 06:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You sound so together.

Please file a Missing Persons report to protect yourself. It is not a crime to go missing and the Police will not proactively look for him unless there are reasonable grounds to believe foul play or that he is incompetent.

Also consider getting a second opinion about your assets and debt. So often debt acquired during a marriage becomes the obligation of both parties.

Not sure how you got his name off the car title without his signature. I hope it holds.

And to answer the Big Question, I do not think addicts are able to consider the broader impact of their choices. It's not personal but it sure does fell that way.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

as far as the missing persons report, I would. The way I see it, it would be allowing me to let it go and to give it so someone and a higher power to deal with it. I would let the police deal with it, so I could rest... In time you will know what is happening. What is done in darkness always get brought to light.... I pray for you.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey guys....... this is an interesting thread.... and I'm glad it got bumped because it's what I needed to read at the time........... but as an FYI....... it's an old thread.

AW ~ (OP).......... How are you doing?
Old 04-10-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

it's been so many years and still dealing with same stuff

Fast forward. ...2015. Numerous rehabs, clean time, relapses, prison...promises to me himself and God, yet here I am worried about him while he's out using for about 6 weeks..
with no indication if he's dead or alive
Clearly, I need meetings and to begin real recovery for myself

Originally Posted by liesagain View Post
like many other here who love and or married a crack addict~~~~you could be writing my story

my AH also has a history of addiction, jail then rebuilding his life with the wife, home, career, custody of the children the whole new life
only to turn around and use again, then for the next 2 -3 years he bindge used every 30 to 90 days

The anger, and the fear are familiar feelings for me, even today when he has the most time clean that hes had since that first relapse 3 years ago~~~~but somewhere in the back of my mind, like you I have that doubt that they can recover forever

hope, but my fears still overrides that somedays

hang in there,
as for filing the missings persons~~~well I think yeah you should if for no other reason but peace of mind