Just need help, hope, direction

Old 06-12-2008, 09:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patchoulli View Post
Hi BeeGee...Im so glad you found us...You are in the right place...Read the stickies on top , over and over, thats why they are there. When I found this site, I found a home that I can come to and leave and come home again...EVERY PERSON HERE KNOWS WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. It is about taking care of you and the real gift you will find here is HOPE... Bless you, Keep coming back...Marian
I think Marian that the beauty here is exactly what you said "everyone here knows what you are talking about". Somehow I know that when I write, someone understands and knows. It really helps to know your among friends. Thank you and I love your nic patchoulli.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

greatful it is good to hear that you have communication now. I am not sure what a codie is but I know I read it someplace here. My daughter and I were close befor also but she never was much of a talker. She just came back and was telling me she ran into someone else at the rehab place today that is getting help. I look at her smile and hope so much.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

a codie is a codependent....my daughter was "my" addiction..I had a front row seat, bought the popcorn, every moment of her addicted life was my hell..
my happiness, well being depended on who she was, and whether I could fix her or not. I had a lot of guilt about her addiction and I believed it was my job to fix her and that I could! (I spent years when she was very young trying to keep her on the planet through treatment from 2 cancers and I think that made it a bit harder to learn to let go .)
It was torture and I was slowly going mad....Read co-dependent No More by Melody Beattie, I spent a year in therapy, and was shocked to discover just how codie I was...still makes me giggle about how out of the loop I was Found SR and Al-anon and got my life back.
hug, grateful