Suggestions Please

Old 07-14-2008, 03:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Moose,

I'm always a day late and a dollar short, but was discussing with another Al Anon mother friend of mine re topics. Shared with her that you had posted asking for suggestions (and the possibility of humor being involved.) We came up with the idea of theft identity. Yes, yes, I know, we don't read about that in every meeting. I think it's somewhere in the 13th tradition.

Anyway, we said as mothers we were going to leave our pocketbooks in the car, WITH the keys in the ignition, and pray that someone took over being the mother. You want our identity? It's all yours, Mr. Thief. Try being the mother of the addict for a while. I bet you'll bring the car and pocketbook back with extra $ in it for me to take back my job. Nope...sorry bud. You stole it, you got it! I'm off to the Bahamas!

Just a little info for your next chairing session.... Always willing to help another struggling mom... .

Hugs,
Hangin' In
P.S. My friend and I were having this conversation on the phone while I was at work. Girls at the front of the office buzzed me and told me that I was laughing way too loud back here and to hold it down. Good gosh, it's fun to laugh at ourselves and enjoy life!