SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   update on AD (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/151414-update-ad.html)

caileesnana 06-06-2008 08:20 PM

update on AD

Thanks to all of your for your prayers the last week. As I look back I can truly see where God intervened, it could have been so much worse.

AD is still in the hospital, will be 4-6 weeks, then to 'recovery home' for minimum of 30 days. Social work has ordered a psych consult and she is in madatory classes. Her jumping out of the car and being injured/addicted/abused while pregnant has opened an entire different world of help. Plus, it is not me or my ideas!!

She seems to be doing well, for today. I am happy she is alive, safe, and seemingly working toward recovery. She is actually reading NA/AA, journaling etc. However, as glad as I am to see it we all know only time will tell.

Please continue prayers for her safety & recovery, and wellbeing of innocent baby. ABF is still roaming the streets and until he is locked safely away in jail for this felone (!) I will look behind me.

While meeting w/ social work AD told alot more I didn't know, and it was worse than imagined. She has made a couple of good decisions, and tried to leave for the last 4 weeks. She said he never let her out of his sight, if she slept, he put his arm over her and if she moved it he woke up. One night she got out and he chased her down the road, pulled her into the street by her hair and beat her up--all while his ignorant family watched. Allowing younger siblings to watch and learn!

There is more, but too disgusting to write. Thank God she was able to call 911 before he unplugged the phone. Police took pictures of injuries and there is a warrant out.

love and hugs to all, I found strength in all your words I have read and kept in my heart; and the prayers helped me breathe when I couldn't remember how.

susan

greeteachday 06-06-2008 08:36 PM

(((((Susan))))) I'm so glad she is safe. How horrible...I hope they lock him up very, very soon.

Keeping you and your daughter and this innocent baby in my prayers. Extra hugs, mom...you've been through so much.

Chino 06-06-2008 09:21 PM

You all have my prayers for safety, health, sobriety and serenity.

I'm going to pray for the best possible thing for the bf and his family too, whatever that may be.

Done_With_It 06-06-2008 09:27 PM

Oh wow..... I'm so glad she is out of harms way.... I'm still praying for you both...

Spiritual Seeker 06-06-2008 09:50 PM

I don't know the back story but I am glad you can report your daughter to be alive and
in recovery. I am checking in here from AZ where I'm spending a week at my son's rehab.
I've spent the week listening to young addicts tell their story.
Unbelievable how many crimes, risks and abuses to the body they commit.
They tell stories of dying not living.
Today your daughter is choosing living. Yea for her.

grateful2b 06-06-2008 10:19 PM

oh Susan, my heart was in my throat as I read your post..I am so relieved that Megan is finally safe, and is going to get , the care she needs on so may levels. I pray that you both will finally be free of the impact of this young man. Prayers that baby is ok, and that the healing can finally begin for megan.I am just thrilled for you both..
Big, big mom hugs for you, Susan...
grateful

peaceteach 06-07-2008 03:22 AM

Mine too, Susan, and tears in my eyes. God bless you both. I pray they find that SOB and put him behind bars! I pray for Kasey to heal and to find the path that God intends for her. I pray for you, Susan, just to let you know how much your story has affected me. I also pray for our addicts, who for some reason do not have enough faith to take care of their bodies. I pray for all our children.

rozied 06-07-2008 04:08 AM

Dear Susan, hugs for you & Megan. I am so sorry your daughter & your family had to go through that. Hope they find him & lock him up soon.
Diane

Ann 06-07-2008 04:29 AM

Susan, I hope she will now receive the help she so badly needs.

Prayers for her and for you, that you both may be safe and well.

Hugs

marle 06-07-2008 04:34 AM

Susan, Thanks for the update. I am so sorry that you and Kasey are going through such pain. It truly shows you the "insanity of addiction" when our daughters are willing to go to such lengths to do their drugs. Prayers that Kasey will be "willing" to continue to walk the road of recovery and that you will get the peace you so deserve. Hugs, Marle

mooselips 06-07-2008 05:10 AM

Susan,
Hugs to you, this must be very hard for you going through all this turmoil, I'm so glad she's going to be okay, along with the baby.

Goodness, her H.P. REALLY was sending her a message! I'm just glad she survived the delivery!

Hugs to you, take care of you, too!

Impurrfect 06-07-2008 05:49 AM

(((Susan)))

Thank you for the update. If you or Kasey want to talk, you've got my number...use it any time.

Sending you both big hugs and prayers!

Amy

havehope 06-07-2008 06:55 AM

I am glad Kasey is in a safe place. I hope that BF is found soon and has to face consequences.
It is amazing what addicts will do, and what they will put up with. I am so glad she is away from the controlling BF. now I pray she can focus on her recovery.
Sending prayers for YOU also. You are a very loving mom.
HUGS

Lobo 06-07-2008 08:00 AM

((((((Susan)))))) ((((((Kasey))))))

It is so good to hear from you. Susan. I've been keeping you in prayer. There is a plan for Kasey. I know that her being pregnant isn't what you want for her right now, but this might just be what turns her life around for the good. You are a good mom and she learned form you.

Hopefully they will lock him up and throw away the key. Kasey deserves so much better and she has to believe that. When Jen was deep in addiction she thought all she deserved was low life. Things have changed now because her self worth has changed.

I am relieved to hear that she is getting a lot of care and help. I hope you can relax about all of this and get some much needed peace.

Give Kasey a hug for me and tell her that Jen and I are hoping only the best for her. We know she can do this.

Love.............Lois

grateful2b 06-07-2008 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by grateful2b (Post 1796102)
oh Susan, my heart was in my throat as I read your post..I am so relieved that Megan is finally safe, and is going to get , the care she needs on so may levels. I pray that you both will finally be free of the impact of this young man. Prayers that baby is ok, and that the healing can finally begin for megan.I am just thrilled for you both..
Big, big mom hugs for you, Susan...
grateful

((SUSAN))

((Marle))

My apologies to you both, I wrote this post at 1:00 in the morning which is way past my bedtime. Kasey and megan are always in my prayers even though I can goof up like this sometimes...:sorry:

sleepygoat 06-08-2008 12:07 AM

Thanks for the update. I pray that Kasey is going to find that miracle of recovery now, and that you will have peace and joy in your life...

helpus 06-08-2008 04:44 AM

(((Susan))) (((((((Kasey))))) continued prayers for you both

BigSis 06-09-2008 12:15 AM

Prayers this can be the beginning of recovery for your daughter. ((Hugs))