Very Disappointed

Old 06-06-2008, 10:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied

Very Disappointed

Well I am posting today to let you all know I cannot go forward with the intervention. Before the place will do the intervention they require your addicted love one to make a 30 minute video. Plus your addicted love one cannot know it has anything to do with an intervention.
I wrote to my AS twice asking him to make a video for a local tv show. The 1st time he didn't answer me. I recieved a letter from him the other day and somehow he knew what it was about. His exact words were " What tv video are you talking about? If you are talking about a intervention on real tv your nuts."
My hopes were really shattered cuz now there is absolutely no sense to persue this.
I guess I'll just have to trust my HP even more than I have before. There is nothing I can do.
I am really disappointed.
Diane
You know my son is really intelligent & it sure can be a curse. I don't know how he picked up on this.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey rozied--
Bummer. Yes, your son is too smart for his own good! Literally.

Can you go forward with an intervention without it being on TV?
B.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry this isn't going to work out. A lot of people watch Intervention on TV, and he sounds intelligent, so I don't doubt he figured it out.

I hope he soon finds a way to WANT recovery.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-06-2008, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that it didn't work out but I have to believe that your HP and his must have other plans. I've always wondered how they get people to agree to make those videos - especially now that the show is so well known.

Are there any other ways to attempt and intervention? Hope that the path reveals itself to you soon.

hugs
Old 06-06-2008, 11:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
rozied

Thank you all for your replys.
B, I would have an intervention on my own but who can afford it. I know I can't unless I win the lottery. He will be 42 in Sept. & has no kind of insurance. I have no way to pay for an interventionist or a rehab facility.
No, he is going to have to get well on his own if that is what he chooses. All I can do is pray he will decide to get help.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Rozied,
My AS watches "Intervention" all the time, although i can't figure out why....and personally, IMO, it doesn't work very much of the time. If the addict has no desire to quit, no amount of intervention is going to stop the addiction train.

Your son's H.P. will pave a path for your son, I pray.

Hugs,
Old 06-06-2008, 12:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
rozied

Thanx Diane, I pray the same thing for your sons also.