Seeing my bf through Rehab!

Old 06-06-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seeing my bf through Rehab!

I gotta say.... it has been a week now.... and there have been some definite hills and valleys.

But hearing him so stoked to getting his 30 day chip ... is AMAZING!

For him to be bettering himself and not hindering himself and hearing his rational of WHY he used..... to now be why he doesn't want to use.... is HUGE!

You'll see from my threads in the past... that I am all about thinking positive and giving encouragement! To be taking this role, at this time, and not just hoping for the best but acting on the best... while knowing there is the worst... is pretty d@mn good place to be at!

I see him tomorrow!!!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 10:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a great post! He is very lucky to have you on his team, it is going to be a long hard road ahead and a positive attitude will only help both of you. Just remember to keep taking care of yourself through this. Getting educated about addiction will help you support him in his effort to begin recovering.
Wendy
Old 06-06-2008, 11:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Wendy!

When the phone rings, I do a little gasp... to hold onto all the goodness since the last, knowing full well things could change in a matter of minutes..... hours... and eventually days..... weeks..... months.... and years.......... which is why taking one day at a time.... literally..... helps so much! What really works is staying connected.... on that same page.

What am I doing for me? I'm starting back with Hot Yoga on Monday..... I'm going to do it every day ..... I'm going to kick it off with a m-f yoga burn!!! He's into it too... so when he gets out we will do it sometimes together. (He is not so die hard as I am about it!) Doing hot yoga is my daily dose of therapy.... the outcome(s).... the results ... are what I find most appealing!
Old 06-06-2008, 11:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Abundance)))

You sound so good!!! I'm glad he's in rehab and really working it.

Remember that there are still going to be some rough patches to go through, but you can get through it. I only say this because as long as I'm aware of it, it doesn't seem to hit me upside the head as hard We A's have to learn how to do the "life stuff" all over again. Dealing with the guilt of hurting those I love was hard for me.

It sounds like you are both making good progress!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-06-2008, 11:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

enjoy your visit! That's great news and it sounds like you are taking care of yourself too. A wise counselor once told me that I needed to work on my recovery as much as he needed to work on his.

Let us hear how it goes! Congrats to him on his clean time!
Old 06-06-2008, 11:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yay Amy and Lightseeker!!!!! What is so cool is that you saw me when i was in the throws of educating myself about being a codie!

Through the good and the bad.... this place ROCKS!!!!!!

Taking care of ourselves in the same vein..... how incredible is that? Talk about a soul rocking experience to share with someone.... the one you love!

I know... I know... I really do know what is going on... I'm not wearing blinders. I'm knee deep in this and I honestly feel so certain. 6 months ago I would have been scared sh!tless.... I WAS. and I detached.. and I detached and the love still remained in my heart. That has never happened before! And because of that.... I didn't think it was really true. I took the challenge...... i detached with love...... and I'm reaping the rewards today.... right now! We both are!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Abundance; 06-06-2008 at 11:59 AM. Reason: added last paragraph