Not waking up from nightmare

Old 06-05-2008, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not waking up from nightmare

Heard from AD today. She make the pretense of telling me that she and ABF are working everyday to get a place to live. I asked her why, cause she was now wanted. Said she would never come back to this town. It doesn't matter cause she is wanted in state. She said she could not go to jail now, she had to get her head straight, get a place to live when she gets out and get her life together. I tried to explain that it made no sense, that she would be going to jail for alot longer than 45 days. And ABF friend will be going away for 5 years or more. She then started yelling at me and talking to me like a dog. Then the real reason came out she wanted to know if their stimulas check from gov. had come here yet. Ha. I reminded her that she had promised that to me for the kids. She started yelling asking if I was going to keep their money from them. Oh, and somewhere in there she asked about the kids. Funny that little girl 3 was just then crying and asking about her mommie. Asked if she heard that, she just said yeah. Unreal. Found out that the ABF's father has been working with them since Mon. (tree work). He never called me or anything knowing how sick with worry I have been. See I said the whole family is worthless. AD said that ABF' father and sister will bring the kids to where ever they are to visit on Sun. Whoa, that rocked my world. That will upset the kids so much. To see mom and dad and them pulled away again. Not good. I am so torn up inside . This is a living nightmare and I cannot wake up.
Sorry so long.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Painter)))

Don't you have the kids? I personally would make sure they don't go to see the AD and ABF. Since they are wanted, the police could come at any time and if the kids are there, it would be traumatic.

Just a little FYI....ABF's dad could be charged since he knows where they are. I'm not sure it would be "harboring a fugitive" but it would be "aiding and abetting a fugitive".

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't let those kids around any of them.

I know this is so hard on you, and I'm sorry.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-05-2008, 09:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Painter, I'm so sorry for all the stress you are going through. I agree with Amy that it may not be a good idea to let the kids near their parents right now. It always helped me to remember that the child I love was hidden under the horrible disease of addiction. A "normal" person would not do what active addicts do...That gave me hope that one day when her time came, I would rediscover the daughter I love.

You are a wonderful person to keep those little ones safe. I know it is so difficult, but please try to focus on the precious moments those children give to you and taking care of yourself. You can't control what your daughter will do and worrying and projecting will only make you sick. Many hugs
Old 06-06-2008, 01:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Painter,

Maybe you could just be "gone" on Sunday with the kids when the dad and sister come to get them.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Or maybe have the police waiting at the house when the dad and sister show up. Anyway sending some prayers your way for a bit of peace in the middle of this chaos. Remember to take care of yourself. Those little ones need you. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-06-2008, 04:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

She's waiting for a check...you have the kids

be very careful that those children don't become pawns in a "trade"
as in "I'm keeping kids unless you send the check"

addicts are desperate....please keep those kids safe and far away from those relatives

they are blessed to have you....you are in my prayers
Old 06-06-2008, 04:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree with all above don't let them take the kids to her. Keep the kids safe there with you.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Ditto to all the good advice about the children. Perhaps you could have something legal drawn up, to protect your rights and most of all to protect the children.

I also agree that if she is as desperate as she sounds, the children could be held by her to get what she wants.

I too would give thought to calling the police and reporting what is happening...again, to protect the little ones who need a voice in all this.

Sending big prayers for you and your family and especially for those children who are so lucky to have you in their lives. God bless the child.

Hugs
Old 06-06-2008, 07:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Painter, sorry this is so rough, but I am so glad your granbabies are safe with you..I agree with ALL that has been said...do what you need to do to keep them safe....prayers that you find your way through this .... hugs, grateful
Old 06-06-2008, 09:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Painter)))
Big hugs to you. Even thinking about all these makes my head spin, I imagine what you are feeling!

Unfortunately, as you already know, you can't believe a word they say, and I sure would see a lawyer, A.S.A.P. and have legal guardianship drawn up, so you don't have to worry about all of this, quite so much. Although, since I haven't experienced that, I have no idea how it's done.

Personally I would NOT let the children out of my site, and that includes taking off with the father and sister....Nope, no way.

Hugs, and prayers
Old 06-06-2008, 09:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

be very careful that those children don't become pawns in a "trade"
as in "I'm keeping kids unless you send the check"
I agree. If you decide to let them take the kids, this is a very real possibility. Please keep us posted to how things go this weekend. I suggest being gone as well. Take a trip to the mall or go get ice cream and let things unfold.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I agree, keep the kids away from ALL of them right now. ABF's father and sister are protecting him.

You protect your grandkids, period.