SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   OT - latest update (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/151217-ot-latest-update.html)

Impurrfect 06-04-2008 05:56 AM

OT - latest update

I feel like I hijacked the thread I started for caileesnana, so will start another one.

I still have my job and am in no trouble. The other girl, who cussed me out and threatened me has supposedly been fired. They offered to let me work my nights off, but it's not busy enough to justify 80 miles round trip with the price of gas. That's the good news.

The bad news is, I just got off the phone with a very rude insurance agent who insists I send back a form regarding the accident "even though there is no coverage for it". So, no car, $1800 left in payments, and I've got to figure out how to get the car back here so I don't get charged an arm and leg for storage. Plus, no money for another car until I get this one paid off.

Not to mention, I still have the tickets I have to pay for. Getting a loan is out of the question...couldn't even get an increase on a credit card by my bank.

Also have to figure out how to deal with the state of SC. The cop gave me a form and said the insurance company had to verify coverage and send it to the state or they would try to suspend my license. I am HOPING all I get is a fine for driving without insurance, because I really didn't know.

I spoke with my friend Randy's wife. After his brain surgery, he again lost movement of his left side and his speech is "getting better". They are trying to get him into rehab within 2 weeks.

I know that with all they are going through, this insurance thing is no big deal, but it still feels like I've taken a hundred steps back.

At least, while I'm trying to figure out my options, going back to crack isn't one of them:)

I know I will get through this. Please keep Randy and his family in your prayers. They are emotionally and physically stretched to the limit.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Jewelz 06-04-2008 06:08 AM

Amy, you show so much strength in your post. You have been through so much and it seems that you keep getting obstacles thrown in front of you but you maintain yourself. That shows a lot and I am so glad that going back "out" is not an option. You are an inspiration to the ones who love someone addicted to crack. You show me that there could be hope out there for him.

hugs,
Jewelz

Stay positive and keep focus.

devastated 06-04-2008 10:31 AM

Hi Impurrfect

Darn the bad luck!

However, just remember what I said before. This is all a test! No matter how bad things are right now, they will get better.

I'm sure all this is overwhelming to you, as it would be to anyone; however, count your blessings because it could have been far worse. Suppose you were under the influence of drugs and someone was hurt!! At least, you were clean and sober, no one was hurt, and accidents can happen to anyone.

I know $1800 is a lot of money to have to pay back for something you don't have anymore, but sometimes bad things happen for a reason.

Once you get the car back, can you estimate the damage? I mean if it's only a radiator that needs replacing it would be worth it.

The main thing is you still have your job! You're clean, and you're not hurt!
Everything else will work out! This is just a little setback. It'll be ok, really!

Hugs and prayers,
Devastated

Impurrfect 06-04-2008 10:59 AM

Once I got through bouncing off the walls from anxiety, I've worked out a few things. I shouldn't get my license suspended because I was never written a ticket for driving without insurance.

I owe the body shop about $400 for towing and storage (a huge ripoff...$250 to tow 3 miles..but he's a nice guy and says the state regulates it and he can't do anything about it). A guy dad works with has a trailer and hitch for dad's van and he and stepmom are going up there this weekend, anyway. Body shop isn't open on weekends, but he said if I let him know, he would try to get someone to meet dad at the shop to get the car.

Will talk to my mechanic buddy to figure out what to do with the car when we get it back. The damage is over $3000 and the car is worth about $2000. May try to part it out.

Will go back to making minimum payments on broke car, and putting the extra money I'd been paying aside toward another car.

I've stuck close to f2f friends and SR friends all day, and feel much better. My friend says that we DO get tested, because otherwise we won't know how strong we really are. Well, I should be pretty strong after the past few weeks, right?

Oh, and the best part, is I'll be 15 months clean in a few days:)

Thanks again!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

grateful2b 06-04-2008 11:28 AM

Ahhh, Amy...you ARE amazing!

glad things are starting to line up...didn't doubt it for a minute:)

congratulations on 15 months, Amy...you are an inspiration...

big, big hugs and prayers, grateful

cmc 06-04-2008 02:17 PM

My friend says that we DO get tested, because otherwise we won't know how strong we really are. Well, I should be pretty strong after the past few weeks, right?
It sure looks that way :)...thanks for sharing your ESH...especially when the Experience isn't a bed of roses, your Strength and Hope are inspiring.

(((Amy))) WTG on the 15 months! :ghug3

wenchris 06-04-2008 02:52 PM

Wow, you are an inspiration. Thank you for that!

ctrom40 06-04-2008 03:11 PM

AMY,

Yipee for you!!!!
I am doin the happy dance.....

:dance8:

I don't know you (except in cyber-space) - but I am so proud of YOU!!!!

When you get lemons.... You make Lemonade.......
Hey, wasn't there a thread about a lemonade stand recently :)
You do sound like one of those "half glass full" kinda girls.

You go girl - You rock!

Impurrfect 06-05-2008 10:52 AM

I am so excited, I couldn't wait to get back to my computer.

First off, I had to get a cash advance on a credit card to pay the body shop guy. Instead of feeling bad about it, was pretty darn grateful that I had paid the card off and have the money available.

So, I go to the finance company to pay my car payment, and asked to speak to a rep. Told him what happened, and he said "how about we put you in another car?" Explained I have nothing for the down payment. He said "don't worry".

On Monday, I will pick up my "new" used car!!!!!! I had a '97 mercury sable, and loved it. I'm getting a 2004 ford taurus, so basically a newer version of the same car. They are taking my wrecked car as a trade in, no money down, and payments will be $2 less than they were...nothing due until July.

The interest rate is still outrageous, but I've been paying extra on the car and will continue to.

I also talked to my GM at work. The girl who caused all the problems is not fired, but only has one more chance and she's been told that the first time she disrespects me or my boss, she's history. I'm really glad. She's actually a good kid...just needs to learn there are consequences for actions. If I can help her learn that, I'm happy.

So, peel me off the ceiling!!! They told me they didn't even have to pull my credit report because of my "perfect record" with them. All this hard work is paying off.

Thanks for all your support...couldn't have done it without you all!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

marle 06-05-2008 12:33 PM

Good for you Amy, Now get a great big calendar and mark in big red letters the dates for when your important bills are due:) Believe me that is what this 55 year old has to do or I would be forgetting the basics. Hugs, Marle

Impurrfect 06-05-2008 12:46 PM

I am setting up bill-pay reminders on the computer, since I seem to always be on it AND marking it on the calendar where I can't miss it:)

lostparent 06-05-2008 01:45 PM

Wow what great news.. Way to go :Dance7:

grateful2b 06-05-2008 04:01 PM

Great , great news, Amy......wow!!

rahsue 06-05-2008 04:13 PM

my Hero

I Told You Once Before Don't Worry About It It's Only Money

God Will Always Provide When We Need It. Thats A Fact Not Just A Saying.

rahsue 06-05-2008 04:14 PM

oh sorry way to go on the 15 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ghug3

splendra 06-05-2008 05:28 PM

Hey there I was getting ready to reply to your first post I am glad I went ahead and read the whole thread and saw that things are looking up. Fast turn around there gal!! Great going!!:Val004:

lil516 06-05-2008 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Impurrfect (Post 1792804)

At least, while I'm trying to figure out my options, going back to crack isn't one of them:)

I can't think of when I've read more inspiring words.....

I am so proud of you!!

(((many blessings)))

Impurrfect 06-06-2008 01:40 PM

well, a little backslide. Dad went to get my car today, and apparently the truck I hit has about $1700 worth of damage. I've filled out the paperwork for my insurance company, but it's up to the adjuster as to whether she will cover it and since she was so rude, not holding up much hope.

I've spoken to someone here with legal knowledge, and his insurance company will probably accept payments.

Also just got word that the car loan is absolutely approved:)

Still focusing on the good stuff, dealing with the bad the best way I can....stay clean, keep doing the next right thing!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Chino 06-06-2008 04:01 PM

Amy you are always an inspiration!