SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   a drive in the park O.T. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/151060-drive-park-o-t.html)

mooselips 06-01-2008 05:16 PM

a drive in the park O.T.

Hi all,
Beautiful day in Ohio, so me and Mr. Moose decided to take a nice drive, and visit his Aunt and Uncle...We opened the sunroof, I drove, cause that's my job for now....so here we go all smiles...then, all of a sudden, I feel this deep burning in my upper thigh area...felt like a hot match...I look down and see the yellowjacket (bee) on the floor on my side of the car. YOUCH.

Well...I pulled the car over as far as I could and jumped out, worried I'd get stung again, well I didn't put the car in park, and it started rolling, I'm half out the door, trying to get back in to put it in park, and Mr. moose put the car in park, and the door proceeded to hit my arm..So now I'm jumping up and down, with my pants at my ankles in the middle of the road, to see if I have a stinger left in me..and holding onto my injured arm....cars are zipping by...(no one ever slows down donchaknow)...Mr. Moose helped me get my pants back up, and off to the E.R. to see about my arm...(cause my hand and fingers were going numb)

Only a bad lower arm bone bruise, it's swollen, so ice and rest for a couple days...

I imagine this would have pretty funny on video...

Ouch.

Impurrfect 06-01-2008 05:38 PM

Ouch is right!!!

I can imagine that people were a little nervous, seeing a woman jumping around with her pants down, so that's why they didn't stop. There must not have been a codie in any of those cars, 'cause you KNOW we would have figured it out really quick and pulled over to "fix" the situation:)

Sorry you're bruised and stung, but glad you're okay otherwise.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

cmc 06-01-2008 06:00 PM

Moosie...what an adventure you had today! I hope that all your hurt places feel better asap. (((Moose)))

marle 06-01-2008 06:02 PM

You definitely would be in the running for the $10,000 top prize:) I am glad though that it was not more serious. Hugs, Marle

Ann 06-01-2008 07:24 PM

Moose, you're a dear friend and my heart really goes out to you, I am terrified of stinging insects!!! The sting and the arm bash....girl, you are lucky you weren't killed. Thank goodness Mr. Moose got the car in park!!!

BUT....I hafta tell ya.....the mental visual on all that is just cracking me up :lmao

:rof

:sorry

BBD 06-01-2008 07:24 PM

Oh my Gosh Moose~~~What a visual to the passing cars. I'm glad your OK. Rest up!! That story reminded me of an experience I had a few years back. We were at a friends house and remember those couches with that scratchy material?? I sat down and thought for sure I had been stung by a bee. I stood up, pulled my pants down and everyone sat there starring at me.......ne bee!!!! It was that darn material ~ and boy was I imbrassed. LOL Good luck on your next ride and check the car first..hugs, Bonnie

best 06-01-2008 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by mooselips (Post 1790305)
....cars are zipping by...(no one ever slows down donchaknow)...

I guess people don't read signs anymore.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...9/50484270.JPG

and your pants were down as well?

I am sure it is cell phones while driving *LOL*

historyteach 06-02-2008 03:31 AM

Oh, Moose!!!

My goodness!!! That one hadta hurt! :hug:
I hate bee stings!

And, yes, the video wouldda been GREAT! :rof

Feel better soon...

Shalom!

ctrom40 06-02-2008 03:45 AM

Moose,

Thanks for the giggles this morning.
I hate those darn stingers too.

Now, I really know why my mother always told me to wear clean underpants when we went out ....... :)

You really never know what it going to happen.

cece1960 06-02-2008 05:39 AM

Does it make me a bad person that I laughed at the thought of this all?

Explaining all of this aat the hospital must have been a treat as well!
Hope you feel better soon.
((((Hugs)))

mooselips 06-02-2008 06:07 AM

Feeling better today...at least I can move my fingers!
But I have knot in my arm the size of a plum.

And thank goodness I WAS wearing big girls undies.
(although that would have been funnier....)

Hugs, and clean undies.

BayAreaPhoenix 06-02-2008 06:21 AM

Well, that must be some tale people are telling when they reach their destination! No one believes them, I'm sure!

Thank goodness I'm not drinking coffee yet!

Glad you're all right!

Lobo 06-02-2008 09:38 AM

Moose,
Sorry to be cracking up at your expense, but thanks for the laugh.

Glad all is well. I thought that was a bee in your bonnet, not in your bloomers.