SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Visited daughter at rehab family day (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/151008-visited-daughter-rehab-family-day.html)

marle 05-31-2008 05:17 PM

Visited daughter at rehab family day

It went well. Everyone had to comment on what a really nice person Megan is. How she has so much compassion for people and how she was the first one to greet any new person coming in. How she talked to people who were crying and how she made everyone feel comfortable. A side of my daughter that I had forgotten, her gift for caring. Hugs, Marle

historyteach 05-31-2008 05:49 PM

(((Marle)))
I'm glad the visit went to well.
More glad that you got to see that side of her again.
She's your child afterall. So, it's no wonder that she's such a caring soul. :e058:

I pray this is her time, and that she finds her way.
And for your peace of mind... :praying

Shalom!

Done_With_It 05-31-2008 05:52 PM

Sounds like a god sign! :) :bounce

ex D-Boy 05-31-2008 07:17 PM

Glad the real megan is coming out again, hope everything continues on this path marle~~~~ wishing you nothing but what you deserve...(The best!!!)

BBD 05-31-2008 07:18 PM

marle~~I'm so glad your visit went well and that Megan is showing some of her pre-drug personality. It'll make her feel good about herself that people are praising her for her sensitivity......hope things continue on this road for the both of you, Bonnie

peaceteach 05-31-2008 07:50 PM

Thanks for the good news, Marle. It makes me feel all cozy inside. I pray that Megan continues to shine in her recovery as does her mama :)

serenityqueen 05-31-2008 08:32 PM

I'm sure that was a beautiful feeling for you and Megan.

I'd imagine that many of her personality traits that you had forgotten all about will begin to shine through as well.

I will keep you and Megan in my Prayers for your continuous growth, both of you!

God Bless,
Judy

Lobo 05-31-2008 09:01 PM

Glad to hear that it went well, Marle. Sometimes they just have a way of making a mama proud.

Hugs.............Lo

cmc 05-31-2008 09:10 PM

I'm so happy for you, marle...it's been a long time coming.

From one mom to another....:Val004:

Chino 05-31-2008 10:28 PM

Sleeping Beauty awakes :)

I'm so glad you got to see her!

Done_With_It 05-31-2008 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Done-With-It (Post 1789499)
Sounds like a god sign! :) :bounce

lol, I meant to put Good, Didn't even know I put "God". Could be that too. ;)

rozied 06-01-2008 02:20 AM

Dear Marle, It has been a long time coming. So glad to see Megan's in Rehab. I truly pray its her time. Please keep my Joey in your prayers..................its been 20 yrs for him. I woulds give anything to see the person my son was before.
Love & Prayers,
Diane

marle 06-01-2008 05:02 AM

Diane, Your son is always in my prayers. Miss Done, I think a God sign fits perfectly. I needed that little bit of hope and God gave it to me through other people. Hugs, Marle

Impurrfect 06-01-2008 05:28 AM

(((Marle)))

I'm so glad to read this. I, too, am not surprised that Megan is compassionate and caring...just like her mama:)

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Ann 06-01-2008 05:34 AM

How often we forget that under that sick addict is the sweet gentle person that we have always known.

How blessed you are to see this today, how blessed she is to have you to support her recovery.

Special prayers for your daughter today, that she stays on this good path and continues to reach out to others as well.

Hugs

havehope 06-01-2008 06:48 AM

I am so glad to hear this, thanks for posting. I know it is one day at a time, but I feel really good about these steps that Megan has taken and her future.
You have been a great mom through all of this - be proud of yourself!
I pray that you get to see more and more of the daughter you knew before all of the drugs took over her life.
hugs to you and all of the moms here.

bookmiser 06-01-2008 07:00 AM

I'm so glad your visit went well.
Of course she's a loving and gentle soul....
look at her mama.

I have a huge grin on my face for her.
I think I'll carry it around all day.http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2.../thbiggrin.gif

Hugs, prayers, and love.
Linda

hope213 06-01-2008 08:48 AM

so glad things are going good for her (& you too). i really pray this is her time. miracles happen. big hugs & more prayers.

Hangin' In 06-01-2008 09:22 AM

Blessings in the midst of the storm.......:)

How often I never think they will happen, but then my HP provides them and says, "See, I'm working, I'm working."

I'm so happy that your daughter is in rehab Marle. I'm praying for her, you and for many more nice visits.

Hugs,
Hangin' In

grateful2b 06-01-2008 01:58 PM

How wonderful for you Marle, to see your daughter's heart shine again... and what a blessing she is to those around her, I am so happy for the hope that this is, enjoy Marle, you deserve it, hugs, grateful