School Prank

Old 05-31-2008, 08:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Life!

Talking School Prank

I had to share this with you, cuz, you've heard so many horror stories about my other school. Well, this new school I"m at is just WONDERFUL, and I'm really LOVING it!!!

Two days ago, there was the first Senior Prank in many years. And it was GREAT!!!!

Right about lunch time, just prior to the ringing of the bell, a group of seniors put 5 live chickens and 2 pigens loose in the hallways!!! It was the FUNNIEST thing to see these chickens walking down the hallways, clucking as they walked!!! :rof

I know who was involved, but, I am sworn to secrecy. One of them is a former student from middle school LOL! shushhhhhh!!!
They are such funny kids... LOL! And it cost them a small fortune to buy these chickens and pigens to let them loose! LOL!
You should have seen people trying to catch them and put them in boxes! LOL!

Anyway, one of the teachers said that it was a good sign. She said that it means that Hope is becoming a "real" school once more. It had gone through some very difficult times in years past, as inner city schools are wont to do, with lack of funds and poverty issues and such.... Anyway, if you ask me, it *is* a real school. Much more so than the zoo I was at before. And that one didn't have any chickens! HA!!!

I thought you might enjoy this lil story about my kiddies. Hope you did!
Much better than the stories I was telling before, no?

Shalom!
Old 05-31-2008, 08:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

A quiet, well behaved student that gets good grades and was seen by most all the teachers as someone who would never do such things...Well she happen to be the ring leader of the Sr prank the year she graduated.
100 crickets released in the vents above the lockers.
I sure am glad she didn't think of the chickens. As it was she borrowed the $10 to buy the crickets from the pet store.

She would have had a hard time keeping the chickens quiet so I wouldn't know what was going on as well.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Apparently, one of the college frats has a thing about putting some kind of animal in one of the dorms here in Atlanta. This year they chose a zebra. Can you imagine walking into a dorm and seeing a zebra? Unfortunately, though, the zebra's owner is NOT happy about his pet being temporarily kidnapped!

It sounds like your new school is a perfect fit for you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-31-2008, 09:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Ah Teach...you sound like at last you have forund the perfect fit!

I hear happy in your post!

I love harmless Sr. pranks...

Our senior prank was, (and heaven knows how they ever did it)
They obtained a volkswagon beetle, and put it in the glass enclosed courtyard we cut through to go to classes, in the school...

Not as funny as chickens...
Old 05-31-2008, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by historyteach View Post
Anyway, one of the teachers said that it was a good sign. She said that it means that Hope is becoming a "real" school once more. It had gone through some very difficult times in years past, as inner city schools are wont to do, with lack of funds and poverty issues and such.... Anyway, if you ask me, it *is* a real school. Much more so than the zoo I was at before. And that one didn't have any chickens! HA!!!
Thanks for that teach, I work in a school as well, one with high poverty, gangs, and low test scores.

One thing I like about this part of the year (aside from Summer of course) is that now I can spend more time enjoying the kids, since we've reached most of our goals.

Its nice to hear of good old-fashioned fun! Good for your seniors!
Old 05-31-2008, 09:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

When I was in school, the soon to be graduating class put wind up alarm clocks in their lockers, all set to go off at the same time.
It was very funny...and a bear for the admin trying to get in the locked lockers!
I'm so glad you've found a better home...
Old 05-31-2008, 10:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Life!

LOL!!!
It's good to hear about the different pranks!!! :rof
I LOVE it!

And I *do* love this school, too!

The student told me they actually thought of getting a cow, and leading it up to the third floor and letting it loose! See, a cow will go *upstairs* but, won't go *downstairs* he told me. :rof

Now, it was bad enough for the janitors to pick up the chicken poop!
Can you even imagine having to pick up the cow poop???

They didn't do it, cuz it was too expensive to buy a cow!
Thank heaven for little miracles!!! LOL!

Thanks for sharing your stories....

Shalom!
Old 05-31-2008, 12:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

One of our most famous senior pranks involved going to the rival high school and putting a TON of fertilizer in the biggest rival schools football field to fill in certain spots with letters. In the fall, the VHS (Valley High School) was very visible at the first few football games!
Old 05-31-2008, 02:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Funny!

Hi Teach: So happy to hear that you are doing well at your new school! Afterall, it's very important to be happy at what you're doing.

I'm also happy that you didn't squeal on the prankster! Good for you!

When I was a senior, a few years ago now, we all decided to take one of the teacher's cars and move it. It was a volkswagon bug, of course! A bunch of the guys picked it up and put it on in front of the door to her classroom.

I can still see the look of shock on her face when she came out of the classroom and saw that car there! OMG!

Oh how nice it was being a kid.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 05-31-2008, 04:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
To Life!

Well, I don't have the job yet, Dev...
I interviewed the other day.
So, please send out those very special SR prayers for me, ok?
Cuz, this is a job I *want* to get and keep!

I just *love* hearing about other Senior Pranks!!! :rof
It'll give me some ideas to suggest to next year's group of seniors! LOL!

Oh, and tell?
Never!
What goes on in my class *stays* in my class!
(unless there's a danger issue of course... )
Trust building is essential.
And this young man knew me from years ago, so, that trust was already there. He told the others that he had told me, and they were all cool with it, too.

Did I mention how much I *love* this school?

Shalom!
Old 05-31-2008, 09:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Your story really put a smile on my face! What they come up with, huh? :rof
Old 06-01-2008, 05:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Prayers coming that you get to stay right where you are...you deserve to be happy!

Amy
Old 06-01-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

oh my gosh, last year one of the High schools here did the same exact thing. The next day (or two) everyone was wearing tee shirts that said something really funny of course I can't think of the exact words but it had to do with a mcdonalds commercial with the two kids on the corner singing. Oh crap I wish I could remember the darn commercial even one of the teachers had the tee shirt. I'll think of the darn saying at 3 am no doubt.