What drug is this?

Old 06-02-2008, 10:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chino View Post
I don't have a clue if kicking your daughter out is the right thing for you or her. The mental illness you described is a lot for her to overcome. I know my daughter had a few diagnosis too but when she stopped actively using, only one stayed with her.
I do not have a clue if kicking her out, when or if necessary, is the right thing to do, either. Despite all the diagnosis she has received, she can usually hold it together around relative strangers. I do not think this possible if she was as seriously ill as some believe she is.The closer she gets to anyone, the more emotional, needy and bizzare she becomes. Her former dope buds avoid her, if that tells you anything. Almost everyone avoids her.

I have observed her a few times while she was high. She was far more emotionally stable than when she is sober and so some of this may well be self medicating and certain drugs are far more effective than the meds that have been prescribed for her, over the years. Funny how that works. Well, actually not funny at all.

I have my basic boundaries. I will not live with an active addict. I will not live with someone who does not work and/or attend school. And I will not live with someone who resorts to hitting or stealing from me.

Having said this, the verbal abuse rolls off me as do the never ending temper tantrums.

Thank you to everyone for such thoughful responses. I'll never know what this call was about and accept that almost nothing is as it seems on the surface.