it does get worse.....j. was picked up.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy it does get worse.....j. was picked up.

as most of you know my a.s.,j. jumped bail at the court house when his lawyer told him he was being trailed as habitual.that was a couple of months ago. he has called me a few times & told me he was ok & he loved me. we used to have a very,very close relationship before he started using, & before i found recovery. he had called on friday & i talked to him. sat. while i was at work mr. hope got the dreaded phone call again. j. called from the jail to tell him he had been brought in on more charges.he says he does not remember anything. he was charged with trafficing drugs,again, speeding-90 in a 35 miles zone, no liscens,& eluding,again.he is in more deep trouble. seems as if he broke into my ex son in laws house & stole his keys to his truck,took it & wrecked it running from the law. i am so sad,so sad for his children & the life he has destroyed of the wonderful man he could have been.i am scared he will never make it. i am scared they are going to call & i will get the other dreaded phone call that he is gone. i am working my recovery to the max & letting my God take care of this. i know i am as powerless over all of this as i am to him making the choice to use. i love my son very much & i am hurt because of all the things he has done due to his drug use. my ex son in law will probley have to take charges out on him in order for him not to be charged with anything (due to it being his truck the drugs were found in) & to get his truck back & for the insurance to pay for it. please continue to say prayers for him,for me & his children,especially little j. today little j. knows nothing of the fact his father is being triled as habitual. i guess i am going to have to tell him.thanks for reading this & all the support you guys give me.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

awwww Hope, I'm sorry.

It does sound like he's going to be locked up for a while...hope he decides to change during that time.

I know this has to hurt.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-29-2008, 07:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BBD

I;m so sorry Hope~~This has to hurt very much!! We can live our recovery but the bottom line is that we love our sons and there's not a darn thing we can do to change things. Your all in my prayers. Bonnie
Old 05-29-2008, 08:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((Hope))))

I am so sorry that this just doesn't end for you and your son. You have been through so much. I know there aren't any words. Please know that I wish you peace and comfort during this difficult time. Prayers for little J. so he can see by his father's mistakes.

Take care and keep your chin up........we are here for you only if all we can provide is a shoulder.

Hugs...............Lo
Old 05-29-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi hope. I don't know. Isn't it better than him out there running drugs, endangering people by driving recklessly and under the influence, and living life on the run?

I know it's hard on you. But try focusing on the opportunities here! Now he has an opportunity to take responsibility for his actions and a chance for recovery.

How old is the child? Maybe wait to tell him until you have a clearer picture of what is going to happen. There's no need to worry him until you have answers to his questions. No need to take away his hope...
Old 05-29-2008, 10:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm saying prayers for your son's recovery. I remember you posted about a previous suicide attempt in jail so I'm also praying he somehow finds serenity and protection from himself. My prayers are with you and your family as well, for your serenity, and that God shares his strength with you.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

No matter how we are progressing in our own reccovery work, it is times like these that we ache for our grown child and the life + potential + relationship that are diminished.
It is difficult to comprehend how low it gets for their bottoms to be realized.

No matter how much we try to detach, there is no way to not be affected.
Don't lose hope that you will get through this and so will he. Your name here implies that you won't.

Lots of support coming your way, momma.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

some days it seems like it will never end and the walls get closer and closer together. It will get better!

prayers for you and yours,
susan
Old 05-29-2008, 10:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((hope)))
Old 05-29-2008, 12:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I am sorry for your pain Hope.

I sure hope they keep him in jail this time and allow no bail. This may be a 'blessing' in disguise for you son.

At least he is safe while in there.

Prayers going out for you and your whole family.

Love and hugs,
Old 05-29-2008, 01:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Hope)))
Your J. sounds like the mirror image of my Casey, same modus operandi.
In jail, fleeing, selling...back in prison, out of prison....good grief, it's enough to drive us over the edge!

BUT....we have a recovery toolbox, we can reach right in and grab something fast to help us before we fall over the edge.

I've been grabbing FAITH, lately.
Knowing that my son's H.P. knows whats best for him.

I also try to keep some SERENITY in my Tshirt pocket, close to my heart cause that's usually where it hurts.

He's nice and safe and warm, Hope, so you just keep on living, it'll all be just as his H.P. arranges it.

Hugs, from one mom to another...
Old 05-29-2008, 01:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
cmc

****{hope}}}}
Old 05-29-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for you and for j. It is such a sad life. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-29-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh, Hope, thank you for sharing your pain. It breaks my heart to hear how you are so worried about J. I'm praying for you and him tonight, sweetie. ((((HOPE)))
Old 05-29-2008, 03:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Hope))))))))

So sorry for your pain. I know your heart is breaking.
Stay strong and focus on you during this trying time.
My heart and prayers go out to you, J, and lil' J.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

with any luck this is his wake up call.

hugs and prayers
Old 05-30-2008, 04:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Hope)))

You just keep taking care of you, sweetie, and his HP will be taking care of him.

There is never a knowing of what tomorrow may bring, and as much as we may live in fear projecting the worst...recovery can happen at their darkest moment.

Praying that this will be his bottom and a better road may appear to him.

You and Moose inspire me with your ability to detach and let God lead. It's not a bad way to live at all.

Hugs and Love
Old 05-30-2008, 06:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sending prayers and hugs to you and J.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I am so sorry ((((hope213)))) I have brother that is looking at the same kind of sentencing. I will be remembering you and your son and the rest of your family in my prayers
Old 05-30-2008, 01:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for you too. I am facing the same problems with my son as you are. My son just got his 4th DUI, possession of a controlled substance, driving without a license. I know he will be going away too but I am so scared for him. I don't want him on the streets but I don't want him in a state prison. I just want him to be better. He has been to so many rehabs and goes right back to his doc (heroin). I am so incredibly sad. He is just tormented and nobody knows why or what to do to help him. I wish you the best. Some how I guess we have to live on and other days I just wish I didn't have to witness this.