it does get worse.....j. was picked up.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((hope)))

Still thinking of you and praying
Old 05-30-2008, 06:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hope -

so sorry to hear about this. My recovery is always a whole lot easier when things are going well. It's harder at times like this. Just wanted to let you know that you and yours are in my prayers.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Dear Hope- I am SO sorry, I know that we give it up to out HP and know He is in charge ! Being a mother we still get that sick stomach cause of the loss of our children and our dreams and hopes. I am so sorry and pray for your son and all our children.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

When the anger,blame and shame are gone, so often it's the profound saddness that remains.

My prayers are going out for you. Be kind to yourself.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My prayers joining with all the others....
We moms are survivors and ultimately I think we are optimists. I bet you are already thinking stuff like, "he's safe; I know where he is; I can visit I want to..."
Old 05-31-2008, 04:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

thank you all for the prayers & for the support.you guys are all i have. i can not bring myself to talk to anyone about any of this.please stay with me,you are all i have & i hurt so bad.my recovey is strong but i can not stop the pain, it hurts.it will not go away.
my ex son in law had to take charges out on j. in order to save himself. he could not get his truck back without doing it & also they were going to file drug charges on him because it was his truck.he did not want to do this. my heart hurts so bad for my son.he is right back to charges in 3 different countys.i have not talked to j.. right now i just can't.his whole life keeps going thru my brain. how did things get so out of control? he is such a loving person.he will do anything for you & give you anything he has when he is not on drugs.it breaks my heart to know it will be years before he will walk thru my door again.i am so scared for him.yes, he did try suicide in jail & i am scared he will do it again.he is 37yrs old & started drinking at 17 & was drugging at 23. it did not take long for him to sink so low that he was breaking & entering for his drug.exactly 20 yrs. of this cycle.i had not thought of this until now but it started on memorial day weekend of 1988.he was 17 & him & his friend got drunk & went to the country club & was driving the golf carts. he said they were playing war.they would wreck one & go back & get another one until the nite watchman caught them.that was the beginning of the dreaded phone calls.where he is now i do not know how safe he is but i know he is not going to hurt an innocent person. i know he is off the street & is not going hungry. my job keeps me busy.i am working nite shift right now & i am taking this one day at a time. i keep praying. God grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change,courage to change the things i can & wisdom to know the difference.take care of my son,he is yours.take care of the the addicts. they are insane,& know not what they are doing.it is my prayer for my son,my grandson & your addict too.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hugs to you this morning, Hope. Your recovery is important to all of us. I will stay with you on this and am sending you prayers for your family. Take care, sweetie!
Old 05-31-2008, 05:02 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hazak, hazak, v'nithazek.
(Be strong, be strong and let us be strengthened.)

G*D is with you in this time of pain.
And so are we...

Shalom, my friend...shalom!
Old 05-31-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

We feel your pain...

I know I am not alone in saying this - we feel your pain. We can know what we need for our own recovery from co-dependance and enabling, and we can know the 3 Cs, but it still hurts - and rightfully so - when a loved one is in distress and pain.

I think all we can do is find faith and hope that our loved one finds their way back to life. My son always says that he was dying until he woke up to realize that he couldn't live that way, and understood it literally.

Peace.