through my eyes.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

through my eyes.

my name is maggie and i'm new to this site.
i'm 17 years old, and i'll be 18 on June 18th.
i want people to hear me out, becuz i was hoping to find some help here or possibly help other.
from day one i'v seen the effects of drinking and drug addiction.my father had been in and out of 17 rehabs through out my life.i'v seen the worst of the worst right in front of my face at age 7.my mom also started abusing drugs although it took 15 years of her being with my father,he finally broke her.he abused my mother and i for as long as i can remember.sadly he passed away in 2004 from drinking.my mother and i were there for the last 2 months,he was very sick.my mother decided to change her life and has been clean ever since.i always told myself i woudlnt ever put myself in or around a situation like that but just last summer i met the guy of my dreams.everything was perfect down to every last detail.about 8 months into it i found out my new boyfriend had a problem with cocain.i'v been with him through so much.i started taking pills shortly after i found out about justins(myboyfriend) problem, but not becuz of him.it was my own choice.since then i'v stopped. i want to stay with justin and help him through this becuz i can clearly see he hasnt dug his hole too deep.i wasnt to be there for him becuz the last thing an addict needs is to feel like he's alone.i'm afraid that he might bring me down with him at some point though.he has a hard time listening to me and understanding that what he's doing is going to ruin his life.he was brought up in a perfect family and hasnt seen the effects of drugs and drinking like i have.he always just tells me i'm dwelling on my past.i hope that ebing on this site will help me through this and if you have any advice i'd really like to hear it.

thanks you,

Maggie.