My husband died...

Old 03-01-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by splendra View Post
(((((keepingthefaith))))))

How are you? It has been awhile since you posted. I just wanted you to know I am thinking about you...

:ghug2

Same here ((and wishing you well))
Old 03-01-2009, 12:27 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I see posts like this and I hesitate to write anything. Maybe out of denial that this is a sad reality of addiction.

Your posts have been written beautifully. So many people ask why we stay or why we continue to love them and unless you have been there and done it you will never know why. Reading your post makes me think of the dual person you live with when you are with someone battling an addiction.

Your strength is awesome. I am sending you and your daughter prayers and hope that you will continue to post and let us know how you are doing.

So many people NEED to hear stories like this. And I hope that you can take atleast some comfort in knowing that indeed your story will help another.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:37 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Amolibri

Very well said!

Hi Cassandra,
Your post is a great expression of what I feel. Thank you. I see no other alternative but to keep loving, keep our health and welfare at the forefront...and taking care of our children.

Thanks, too, for reviving this thread and reminding me of how much I have to be grateful for.

:praying
Old 03-01-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your strength in the time of your loss. You give hope to others that have been in similar situations. It must have been so painful for you to read the journal. It reminded me of times in a relationship when I too, thought the very best was in store for us. It was so far from the truth, they did not know what their own truth was.
Strangers in their own home. Can you imagine what a burden they carried all those years? You sound like you have really gained a strength from this, and I know you and your daughter will make a positive growth for you both. Continue to take care of you, and focus on your health and well being.
It is difficult in any loss, whether it is good or bad. Keep your head high knowing you were a good support system, wife, and mom. You cannot ask anything more of yourself.
My thoughts are with you both.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

The one blessing is that he is finally out of his pain and in peace. I hope you and your daughter will be able to move past this and find peace as well.

Babs
Old 03-01-2009, 06:48 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your story. I hope that you & your daughter are doing well.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:05 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I am terribly sorry regarding your loss. Many prayers to you and your daughter.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

so sorry for the pain, you've gone through
Old 03-01-2009, 09:41 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I am sorry for your loss- and the pain you still have to contend with by finding that notebook.

I am glad that you have 'hope' in your words-

I pray that you and your daughter have a beautiful bright, loving, peaceful future ahead of you.

Love,
Cessy
Old 03-02-2009, 06:32 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Keepthefaith, I am sorry for the loss...and my love, hugs, and prayers go out to you and your daughter.

Love, GG
Old 03-02-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I want to bring to everyone's attention that this is an older post. I am hoping that feepthefaith has subscribed to this thread and gets a notification in her email.

I have thought a lot about her as I am sure many of us here have. I am hoping she will check in and let us know how she is doing...
Old 03-14-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
learning to live for me

My heart goes out to you and your daughter. You will be in my thoughts.
The only thing I will ask you (as a daughter of an addict myself) is that you help your daughter get into Nar-Anon/Al-Anon or Ala-teen and counseling to deal with the issues surrounding her father's life and death. While she's a teen you have a chance to teach her how to be healthy and lean on the right people for support.
Please consider this (if you haven't already). I'm also proud of you for taking care of yourself. Being healthy means you can take care of her. And that's a wonderful (priceless) gift to give to your daughter.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your loss and pain... you and your family are in my prayers.