That's Life!

Old 05-21-2008, 08:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sending hugs and prayers for Kayla and her family. I'm glad she can talk to you.

As for Trevor, I totally understand letting him find his own way. We A's ARE very resourceful. Heck, since I've gotten into recovery, I just channeled all that energy I spent trying to stay high into good stuff. I can now proudly say that I can stretch a penny until it screams. Dad now laughs when he calls me a "tightwad". I am as determined to stay OUT of jail as I apparently was to get into it.

Thanks for all the laughs from the stories of your sons. I wasn't here for some of them, but I can only imagine.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-22-2008, 02:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Teach, I am still catching up here after being away for the weekend, and I have to say your post just lit up my heart.

Our kids may not change just yet, but WE can and do, and what a difference it makes to be walking beside each other on this journey sharing our light, our tears, our laughter (oh, lordy, how good that laughter feels sometimes), and most of all sharing our hearts.

You are awesome in your recovery. Like me, you had your heels dug in pretty deep, maybe that's why I like you so much, because we have shared the same mistakes along the way. But we gave up that front row seat, it's really the worst seat in the house, and now we can give up the drama and the chaos, because we are not the authors of the play, God is and He's got all our kids under his watchful eye.

So, just for today, let's give our kids up to our (and their) Higher Power, trust that they each are exactly where they are supposed to be on this journey, and then go live our lives fully and see the beauty that awaits us on this lovely spring day.

Yup, WE change, we heal and we grow in our recovery, no matter how our kids do in theirs. And as I make my bed this morning I will check the thread count, check my hormones, and wear some gad awful shoes that Dev left for me and laugh but not quite pee my pants yet. I'm saving that for when I get old...older...more mature...or just plain laugh so hard I can't help it. We oughta have shares in Depends!!!

Love you, Teach, Moose, Hangin, Cats, Dev and all those who have taught me to laugh again, no matter what life hands me. That God, what a kidder, yes?

Hugs of Gratitude to everyone who walks this journey with us. :ghug2
Old 05-22-2008, 05:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
To Life!

Ahh, yea;
That Eternal One *is* quite a kidder...

Ya know, every single time I make a plan, G*D plays a joke on me!
I came home tonight, after going to a meeting and treating myself to dinner.
Got a message on the phone machine.
Trevor. He and his g/f and kids were coming home for the evening!
Too late to stop them; too late to say "no."
They're here!

What a kidder that G*D is!!! :rof

He's straight; the kids are watching a movie; and she's doing her laundry -- this time with her own detergent!

John Lennon said it best:
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Thanks for the memories.
I like Bob Hope too.
Especially the last name -- Hope.
It has a ring to it, doesn't it?

Gee, Sinatra, Lennon, Hope.
Not a bad line up for a comedy/drama thread!

L'Chaim, my friends!
(To Life!)