just checkin in

Old 05-14-2008, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just checkin in

My sponsor (NA) really wants me to stay connected to this website. I know its been a while, so here's an update:

1)My 19 y/o AD Leah started on HIV meds a couple of months ago and to everyone's amazement (hers, mine, the Infectious Disease doctors, other recovering addicts with HIV...) the meds are working!!! Her viral load went from over 120,000 all the way down to under 500. They aren't supposed to work if she is still using. Well they are. That's God doing God's part.

2)My daughter, once she realized the meds were working, decided she didn't want to get clean right now afterall, turned down a detox bed she was waiting for, and went partying. Which I totally expected (as an addict myself I would have thought the same way while using). That's the disease of addiction doing its part.

3)Two weeks ago she put herself on Suboxone (boyfriend gets if for her from some street dealer or other. (I don't care how, really) and she has not used heroin for 2 weeks. (God)

4) she's still smoking crack. (Disease of addiction)

5) She remembered my birthday (may6th) and was charming. (God)

6) she did NOT call on Mother's day and did not return my 2 messages prior, about getting together on Mother's day. (Disease of addiction)

Me? I'm doing much better. Partly because I know she's not going to die any time in the near future from AIDS. Partly because I got really tired of being miserable. I've still got that nagging anxiety not hearing from her for Mom's Day. "Is she OK?" "Did something happen?" Yeah, I'll tell you what happened. She is cluelesslessly acting out on the total self-centeredness that is the hallmark of the disease of addiction.

Love and Peace to all of you,
sleepy
Old 05-14-2008, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Sleepy)))

Thanks for the update!

I think you should stick around here too! Selfishly I might add!

Wishing you love and peace too and praying for your daughter
Old 05-14-2008, 08:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update I have been thinking of you. Glad the meds are working sorry she doesnt feel the need to get clean yet but hopefully soon. I'm glad to hear your also feeling better.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, you and Leah are always in my prayers,
susan
Old 05-14-2008, 10:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm really glad you checked in. I'm sorry Leah doesn't want to get clean yet, but really glad the meds are working. You sound like you are doing pretty good at taking care of you.

I think you should stick around here, too

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-14-2008, 11:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

I've been thinking about you too.

I'm so glad the meds are working. What a relief.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in. I have been thinking about you too. My daughter is in the contemplating stage. She hates her life and is contemplating a change, a trip to rehab and a halfway house. Whether she actually takes the plunge is another matter, but she is calling and getting info and staying in touch with me without asking me for anything. And I am not pushing. I realize that what she does or doesn't do with her life is her choice. (She was hospitalized twice in the ICU this winter due to her severe asthma, once they were close to intubating her. Still not enough to stop her from smoking crack, so I know the frustration you feel about Leah's health.) Hugs, Marle
Old 05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for the update, Sleepy. You sound good
Old 05-14-2008, 02:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was just thinking about you and Obsessed the other day and hoping all was well.
Glad you checked in and things are somewhat better. You are better and that's a good thing.

Keep up the good work and know that you are thought of often.

Hugs...............Lo
Old 05-14-2008, 04:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

You sound really good and I'm so glad for you.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

wow Sleepy, so good to hear from you...missed ya girl
Glad to hear Leah is making some strides, such good news about her HIV meds..happy to hear you are hanging in..you and Leah are in my prayer , hugs, grateful
Old 05-14-2008, 09:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad to hear from you and I do hope you stick around. I'm so glad the meds are helping your daughter and that she'll be done her "research" soon. I'm glad you are doing better as well!