My AH has decided to stop smoking pot

Old 05-08-2008, 12:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Talking My AH has decided to stop smoking pot

My AH called me today at work on his way to work as he always does and he said, "Well I have some good news, I have decided to stop smoking pot." I told him that i was very very proud of his decision and that i was happy for him.

I have no idea where this revelation came from but I'm glad that he came to the decision to do so. :bounce . I know that he is trying to get a decent job instead of waiting tables so maybe that was his motivation. Or the NA meetings could be finally clicking for him. In any case it doesn't matter how or why he made this choice, it matters only that he came to this decison on his own free will.

In the past couple of weeks I have stepped back and stayed out of "his business" if you know what I mean. And things between us have improved, obviously me giving him space has allowed AH to make positve decisions for himself.

His choice of choosing not to smoke pot anymore could be temporary or it could be long term, but I have no control over eaither of the outcomes. The only thing I can do is support him today in his decison and hope that he continues to make the right ones on his road to sobriety.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have a really good attitude about it; you're right, you can't control it, you can only keep yourself healthy. Sometimes that affects the people we love to change for the better and sometimes it doesn't. Keep doing what you are doing!!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
rozied

I am really happy your AH decided on his own to quit. What is more important is your attitude. I too think by giving him space he was abel to think and make his own decision.